Star Wars |OT| New Canon, New Forum [NO IX SPOILERS]

Watching TLJ again, one of my favorite scenes in all Star War films is Rey's First Lesson. The way Rey describes the Force... just great. And incidentally, it also explains the name for that power very well, describing it as something between two things, not unlike actual fundamental interactions, or fundamental forces as they're commonly called.
And the scene clearly establishes Luke did learn some silliness from Yoda, even if it is subdued.

EDIT Wait, i wonder, is the weird mirror wall on Ach-to that Rey finds a portal or window to World Between Worlds? Or just a Force vision?

Last edited:
Tfw when tie fighter attack track kicks in when Chewie flies the falcon through Crait.

TLJ is such a beast of a movie.
That was one of the most fun moments out of all the movies so far.

I will say though my absolute favorite moment in TLJ is when Rey pulls out the saber and starts training with it.. Luke observes from a distance, music kicks in and we get that big zoomed out and turning shot of the island with Rey swinging away and Luke above, in the background. Then she recklessly slices through the rock and Luke is like "fuck it I'm out"

I remember seeing that for the first time in theaters and thinking "this is why SW exists".

Tfw when tie fighter attack track kicks in when Chewie flies the falcon through Crait.
I don't ever react that much or at all in the theater, with the exception being good comedy movies. This is despite the fact I've been to the energetic opening nights of both TFA and TLJ.

But that moment was literally the only one where I audibly went "Fuck yes" when the TIE Attack theme started playing.

There is a Star wars related thread in OT . It is not about about TLJ, but all roads lead to some fun TLJ discourse .
I briefly entertained posting there, but chose instead to come here and randomly post my favorite shot of TLJ, possibly of the entire franchise .

Brilliant . Thats why you sometimes take a bet on indie directors rather then the regular stable of studio journeymen .

There is a Star wars related thread in OT . It is not about about TLJ, but all roads lead to some fun TLJ discourse .
I briefly entertained posting there, but chose instead to come here and randomly post my favorite shot of TLJ, possibly of the entire franchise .

Brilliant . Thats why you sometimes take a bet on indie directors rather then the regular stable of studio journeymen .
I thought that joke was really funny because they were subtly making a joke about how those things look like irons and then the reveal happens and then it became ten times funnier.

The ironing scene is further made better because it comes completely out of nowhere.

And it is doubly amusing how it appears that irons are actually used in Star Wars universe. It is very common for soft scifi to introduce various weird or even nonsensical methods of doing things we do rather simply. Like, didn't old EU have sonic showers? (Ok, given that liquids and freefall aren't a good combo, cleaning method in space without use of liquids is actually pretty smart. But there is little point for that in Star War given how universal artificial gravity is.)

The ironing scene is further made better because it comes completely out of nowhere.

And it is doubly amusing how it appears that irons are actually used in Star Wars universe. It is very common for soft scifi to introduce various weird or even nonsensical methods of doing things we do rather simply. Like, didn't old EU have sonic showers? (Ok, given that liquids and freefall aren't a good combo, cleaning method in space without use of liquids is actually pretty smart. But there is little point for that in Star War given how universal artificial gravity is.)
Real talk - Do the Empire use toilet roll or Bidet's?

A self-referential Spaceballs moment that really worked for me.

Any way to see those SNL videos without the region block?

Used to go to YouPak but the site started looking seedier last time I used it.
It has region block? Weird, I can watch them from the UK.

--

This new article about Resistance says that Kaz's father is a senator. Well that ain't gonna end well.
“Our main character Kaz is a newbie, but he’s very passionate. He comes from a wealthy background — his father is a Senator — in contrast with Rey and Luke who come from humble beginnings. Kaz loves to live and to prove himself so he can get out from under his father’s thumb. I think kids can relate to that.”

Last edited:
Star Wars Resistance |OT| We are the Spark
Star Wars Resistance |OT| The force is strong with this one
Star Wars Resistance |OT| Paige Tico is still alive during this timeline
Star Wars Resistance |OT| Poe Dameron's Army

This also helps confirm where the Join the Resistance novels take place, since the wedding is in issue 25. They're concurrent with the Resistance cartoon.

Hopefully the show never bothers to reference the books.

So, as a general outline of the time period, it goes like this:

Bloodline
Phasma
Before the Awakening (Poe definitely, Rey maybe?)
C-3PO: The Phantom Limb (during the time skip portion within the Poe section of BtA)
Poe comic 1 - 25
Resistance/Join the Resistance/Before the Awakening (Finn)
TFA (plus Forces of Destiny)
DJ: Most Wanted
Captain Phasma
Cobalt Squadron
Battlefront II
Canto Bight
TLJ (plus Forces of Destiny)
Poe (26 - 31)

Tales from a Galaxy Far Far Away, various Star Wars Adventures comics, The Legends of Luke Skywalker, etc. all fit in somewhere between Bloodline and TFA but it doesn't really matter where.

Reminder that Lando's Luck and the Luke & Leia Choose Your Destiny books are out today. Also Hope Does part 6 and the first Tales from Vader's Castle comics are out tomorrow.

I need to a way to keep track of everything. Especially the comics.

With Poe ending I’ll start picking up his volumes soon and I still need to read the last 3 volumes of the main Star Wars comic and haven’t even started Dark Lord of the Sith.

Guess I'm keeping my Star Wars talk here from now on. I'm real picky about movies and have a lot of mixed feelings about SW as a whole so apologies in advance if I come off a bit contrarian at times, I'll do my best to stay respectful of everyone's feelings on stuff. Just want a place to talk about SW without all the drama.

My job redid the action figure section this week, and although they got rid of the 8" Marvel figures they got a new shipment of SW Black Series figures in so I nabbed TLJ Rey and Lando Glover lol. Never thought I'd see either of those again! Just wish there was a good TLJ Luke figure that didn't have a solid plastic robe so I could actually pose him.