Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition |OT2| Street Fighter Has Come Home

When do the Dojo missions get announced?
I don't know of any Dojo mission but you can already earn Dojo Points (DP) by doing different stuff in the game:
Dojo Points can be obtained from playing the Arcade, Survival, Extra Battle, Ranked Match, Casual Match, and Battle Lounge game modes.
* In one day, DP can only be obtained a maximum of 10 times for the Battle Lounge, and per each difficulty in Arcade and Survival Modes.

Why we need Makoto when we got laura.

She's literally Laura with a worse personality
Fucking What? Laura doesn't even have a personality, she's a bunch of anime tropes stitched together . Because she's the result of capcom literally choosing potray their imaginary idea of Brazil instead of actually getting influenced by it. She is fetishization , walking. Makoto has actual personality and character motivation and shit , so this comment is mind boggling

Last edited:

Fucking What? Laura doesn't even have a personality, she's a bunch of anime tropes stitched together because capcom wanted a brazillian women, didn't see the ones they wanted doing jujitsu and just made one up. And the result is a character who annoyingless yells in place of personality or motivation at all. LIke you can do that in a good way ,abigail. Where he's stupid and that's sort of the point, but her lack of personality plays to her detriment. And the idea that somehow makoto has a worse personality than a character that doesn't have one is fucking mind boggling
BOOM

"a bunch of anime tropes stitched together" is probably over half the cast of this series when you think about it
I'm not saying Street Fighter got the best writing or nothing, but laura is literally the result of some people going to experience a culture, not liking that the culture wasn't what the imagined in their minds and just chose to fetishize it instead it, and instead of giving that character personality they just gave her..vague anime tropes because she's not supposed to be much more than the fetishsism of Brazilian women. Street fighter is anime as heck , but generally characters tend to have at least motivations that go beyond that, even joke characters. Laura And Necalli exist in this space where they could have all that stuff, but what they do have isn't used at all. She just yells, She just yells and is wrestling Nii san when sean exists.

I know Laura is awful, but if you take a shot everytime Makoto says Rindo-Kan Karate or Dojo, you'd be dead within minutes.
But here's the thing though, a bunch of characters have that sort of thing right? " This is my thing, this is what i'm about" but usually there's a reason behind it. Like the reason she's all about that stuff is because he dad and trying to like help her dojo, but also because she wants to prove herself. Makoto is quite literally a little girl, she is a very small lean girl wearing a giant ass gi, from her design to her moveset protrays somoene trying to look bigger and trying to appear more threatening than they physical appearance would lead you to believe. Or like How Karin's entire moveset is sort of graceful with hoity toity laughs thrown in, or to reference a newer character how ed's movements down to his taunts and just idols are just balrog. There's a lot to be communicated with character design and there is usually explanations for it. Now laura could have this but

Why is trying to spread her version of matsuda jujistu _____________

Why is she show offy_______________

Why does she seem to care about sean so much ____________

These things could lead into eachother and create an pretty simple interesting character but they go nowhere, heck she doesn't even have to be related to sean because outside of some references, it largely doesn't mean anything. Now you could have characters with not a lot and make them work. Abigail is a giant dumbass that likes cars, and G's a mystery man. But you have to commit to that.It doesn't feel like laura is that, its just " We wanna fetifshize a Brazilian lady, what if we made her related to sean and do electricity " and then all thought stopped after that.

Characters talk about their thing, or do their thing because usually it means something interms of characterization, design ect. It doesn't really mean anything for laura

lol

Makoto is pretty trashy.
Ed should be put down.
She's literally Laura with a worse personality
Just because Laura was blessed with bigger personality™ than Makoto doesn't mean Mak can't work hard for hers.
Look at what a delinquent she is.

She belongs in prison.
Ryu punched the flesh out of a man's chest.

That same person beat an old man to death with his bare hands.

I guess the best way to settle it once and for all is to have Laura being the one who beat the shit out of Makoto's father, thus making her Makoto's evil nemesis.
Then Makoto can kill Sean to retaliate, then they understand that they are not so different after all, and they ride into the sunset together like Telma&Louise.

I guess the best way to settle it once and for all is to have Laura being the one who beat the shit out of Makoto's father, thus making her Makoto's evil nemesis.
Then Makoto can kill Sean to retaliate, then they understand that they are not so different after all, and they ride into the sunset together like Telma&Louise.
That's nonsensical.
Imagine the SF story going past SF3.

As opposed to Mak's 1 anime trope:

Mak is still my favorite SF character though. ;)
One, Oh, soemone already mention the person they based off of. So good looking Iggy

Two, its not just anime tropes themselves but more so there's notihng else? Street fghter anime is hell, there are quite a few fighters stolen from real martial artists, I just learned Oro is based on a real dude. But Street Fighter does not hide its anime inlfuences at all, or its comic book ones from that matter it draws from a lot of places. To be fair, You can say that characters like C.Viper and Urien and Gill are a bunch of comic book tropes all together ( and the latter two are based known manga characters) . But laura has nothing else going on, tropes are used to conceal the thing,but I can see through it and its shallow. And if you can seem shallow next to abigail, that's fucking impressive.

I know right Ryu is such a slut.

Shit I mean G.

Shit I mean Vega.

Shit I mean Rashid.

Shit I mean....
One, Shut up

Two, I actually hate the latter two characters when they do it so i'm bias

Yeah kinda

Ed should be put down..
Ed the goat

Y'know who's sexy AND has hella personality?

Poison.

Let's get Poison back in the game.
Poison is tight

I want Roxy thought. I like the Hugo Poison/ Abgail Roxy Dynamic

Also side note, I miss hugo

Laura is GOAT. Just relax and enjoy what anime trope you like.
If we're going off tropes you might as well throw any and all characters under the bus. The reasoning here for me is weird in what is essentially a cast of saturday morning cartoon characters.
No one is saying tropes is bad

I'm saying there is nothing else there. Just relax and people can not enjoy over reliance on some tropes to detriment of actually making characters interesting.

Reading is a cool thing man.