Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DT8| News, Site Updates, and Speculation | Think outside the Box

Do you think Incineroar still have a shot at making in Smash Bros as playable character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean perhaps we might not get a stage especially when the Mario and Zelda stages are basically asset rips from existing games and a Sun and Moon stage could potentially require a total remaster and Pokemon once again already has gotten a bunch of remastering done. Plus Pokeball Pokemon aren't conclusive when they're really simple to implement and don't require a ton of work. For all we know the Pokeball mon are probably the only Gen VII representation we'll get.

With that said I'm more confident on Pokemon getting a stage over a new fighter because admittedly it would be weird for Sun and Moon to get nothing considering how big those games were in between Smash 4/DLC and Smash Ultimate.
Sometimes I wonder if people know just how big Pokémon actually is.

So what region do you want to see the next Pokemon trainer character? Wouldn't mind a Hoenn trainer myself but who would be the fully evolved pokemon? the semi-evolved? and the one that doesn't evolve at all?

Sceptitle or Blaziken could work maybe, but I have no idea how to make Mudkip or its evolutions work.
It’s definitely be Totodile, Bayleef and Typhlosion.

Yeah, I'm supporting either. I like both so it doesn't matter whoever get in at the end.

Also

Obligation GIF

It would be cool if the new pokemon has a major character from the game as its trainer, like Masked Royal there, even if there's no gameplay involved.

He could also be the trainer for Rockruff, which is the correct pokemon to include as a fighter.

Sometimes I wonder if people know just how big Pokémon actually is.
Yes I'm aware. I'm a fan of the series and I love Sun and Moon. Gen VII is up there as one of my favorite Gens.

I'm just saying that looking at the perspective of Sakurai needing to give Pokemon a new fighter on top of the 9 it has and when none of the Gen VII Pokemon were well known and popular at the time wouldn't be the wisest use of it. Especially when they could just take another ballot pick and have a bigger impact by implementing a character with a known fanbase. Kind of like how every character implemented in Ultimate so far already had known fanbases in 2015.

Yay! That's 18 now!

This is the first time I've gotten both in a doubles game! I was actually a bit flustered since you started slightly earlier than I expected, and I got distracted by a news article. Thankfully everything worked out!

Zelda getting no new comers is if like

Imagine play station all stars was successful, got a sequal early on the ps4, and was about to get a 3rd game

And the 2 and 3rd games had no new god of war characters

Just kratos and zues

Yes I'm aware. I'm a fan of the series and I love Sun and Moon. Gen VII is up there as one of my favorite Gens.

I'm just saying that looking at the perspective of Sakurai needing to give Pokemon a new fighter on top of the 9 it has and when none of the Gen VII Pokemon were well known and popular at the time wouldn't be the wisest use of it. Especially when they could just take another ballot pick and have a bigger impact by implementing a character with a known fanbase. Kind of like how every character implemented in Ultimate so far already had known fanbases in 2015.
The only time Sakurai added a character late in development was Greninja, because he specifically scheduled development time for an unknown pokemon XY fighter, because he knows that Pokemon is a pretty big deal, which he chose mainly off of Gamefreak game and anime plans and his own tastes.

Sun and Moon was out for a month when Sakurai finalized the roster, which kinda puts it at the perfect time to feel confident about a character choice.