Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DT8| News, Site Updates, and Speculation | Think outside the Box

Do you think Incineroar still have a shot at making in Smash Bros as playable character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neoxon

Community Resettler
Zelda getting no new comers is if like

Imagine play station all stars was successful, got a sequal early on the ps4, and was about to get a 3rd game

And the 2 and 3rd games had no new god of war characters

Just kratos and zues
To be fair, Zelda doesn’t have very many recurring characters. The only one who’s recurring & not already in the game is Impa, & her Skyward Sword incarnation would likely be a Sheik echo (I’d mention Hyrule Warriors, but there’s a decent chance that Koei Tecmo has partial rights over all HW designs).

Neoxon

Community Resettler
Yes I'm aware. I'm a fan of the series and I love Sun and Moon. Gen VII is up there as one of my favorite Gens.

I'm just saying that looking at the perspective of Sakurai needing to give Pokemon a new fighter on top of the 9 it has and when none of the Gen VII Pokemon were well known and popular at the time wouldn't be the wisest use of it. Especially when they could just take another ballot pick and have a bigger impact by implementing a character with a known fanbase. Kind of like how every character implemented in Ultimate so far already had known fanbases in 2015.
So you’re expecting every unique newcomer to be inspired by the Ballot? I can assure you that the Inklings would have gotten in with or without said Ballot.

So you’re expecting every unique newcomer to be inspired by the Ballot? I can assure you that the Inklings would have gotten in with or without said Ballot.
No I'm not especially when we have Inkling, Simon, and Isabelle seem to all have been implemented without the Ballot or at least were seemingly added in for reasons other than popularity. Ridley, and K Rool were brought in primarily because of their popularity.

With that said I'm kind of expecting the next newcomer to be someone who was requested. Like Geno, Issac, Banjo Kazooie, or even Sora who seemed to do well in fan polls so he probably did well overall.

Neoxon

Community Resettler
No I'm not especially when we have Inkling, Simon, and Isabelle seem to all have been implemented without the Ballot or at least were seemingly added in for reasons other than popularity. Ridley, and K Rool were brought in primarily because of their popularity.

With that said I'm kind of expecting the next newcomer to be someone who was requested. Like Geno, Issac, Banjo Kazooie, or even Sora who seemed to do well in fan polls so he probably did well overall.
As PushDustIn established, the base roster doesn’t typically end with a bang, so I’m honestly not sure about that.

To be fair, Zelda doesn’t have very many recurring characters. The only one who’s recurring & not already in the game is Impa, & her Skyward Sword incarnation would likely be a Sheik echo (I’d mention Hyrule Warriors, but there’s a decent chance that Koei Tecmo has partial rights over all HW designs).
Pig Ganon makes a ton of sense to me as recurring and major character with a unique moveset.

It's just unfortenate for the sake of Smash that mostly every game in Zelda is supposed to be an entirely new era where only reborn versions of Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link are the same.

As PushDustIn established, the base roster doesn’t typically end with a bang, so I’m honestly not sure about that.
Ultimate's newcomer roster has been anything but typical. We haven't had a Smash Bros be so focused on bringing back all the vets and redoing older content that there would be so few new content or even take fan requests so seriously that we got a character infamous for being difficult to implement as a fighter and a villain that hasn't been relevant to his franchise in 20 years.

Plus the last time we had something with a limited newcomer roster was Smash 4 DLC and the last character implemented was Bayonetta a character they put in because of fan requests and yes I know people may bring up that work was done on Bayo early during the Ballot but the point was that they treated Bayo like a big deal and that she was a requested character. Plus I'd be kind of shocked if they didn't implement a guest character who was requested. So I could see Geno, Banjo, or even Sora as the final newcomer.

Granted that's assuming we're only having one more newcomer alongside Ken and there's no guarantee of that happening right now.

Ending with Incineroar or any Pokémon would be a bang.

Even if most disagree. He’s bigger then everybody that’s been added so far.
No he really isn't.

We have the stars of Nintendo's newest smash IP's that's a big deal in Japan, a long time well known and respected NES hero and franchise, and the new face of a franchise who's latest game sold 12 million.

Incineroar on the other hand while a part of a mega franchise isn't even the one who got a bigger push in his own game or is even the most popular Pokemon from his franchise. We have Tapu Koko who was an important Pokemon and acted as a catalyst for you to begin your journey in Sun and Moon. Lycanroc who got a much bigger push in the anime and is essentially Ash's current star Pokemon in the anime, Rowlet who is the most popular starter Pokemon, or even Mimikyu who got a decent push even in the anime.

Saying Incineroar is a bigger deal than some of the characters we already have in the game is like saying Meganium, Emboar, and Chestnaught are more popular than half the Smash cast.

I actually did see some Incineroar merch in a Pokemon Center recently! They were on the package of some sort of snack. The other final evolutions of the starters were on different packages of it.

Nothing asides from that, though.

Literally every Pokémon has some piece of merch. I saw someone with a Chingling keychain a few weeks ago.

Less than one day until the MUSIC LAW fills up the graveyard.