Tekken |OT| Dark Resurrection

So I decided to record my matches in order to see if anyone could help me to point out what I'm out doing wrong, or even good.

My main 2 criticisms is that I don't know what to do after knocking and opponent, and also that I'm not good at getting out after being pressured

Did you post your impressions on Anna?
I haven't posted anything elaborate but that's largely because there isn't really much to post. Anna's BnB combos have remained mostly the same since her primary bound from Tag 2 is still her primary screw attack in T7. She plays almost the same.

The changes I like are that f,f+2 now can function as a launcher (even if it does seem to combo only on male characters and not on female characters for whatever reason). This attack doesn't seem to have much utility as a screw attack, though. I also like the new move d+3,4,1 and the property change to SS+3 on block. Her rage art and rage drive are nice.

Other than that, there's not much else to say.

Jesus, you're already Seiryu with Anna?

Insane. Awesome match, that Lei was great too.

You should post some meta. How to keep mind cool and don't panic. How to handle high rank fights.

Worst thing for me is that I crumble under pressure even if I'm winning 2:0 in rounds.
Yeah, the Lei player was really good.

In terms of dealing with pressure, I usually tend to revisit chains/attacks that the opponent used in practice mode and see how I can overcome them so I'm better prepared for next time. Though, I'm not a very defensive player and usually respond to pressure with pressure. The best defense is a good offense is my strategy at least.

maXer

Hey Sayah, Nina vs Anna grand finals

Victim of Ritual vs Sour Piggy

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/311025943?t=03h09m32s

Nice matches

So I decided to record my matches in order to see if anyone could help me to point out what I'm out doing wrong, or even good.

My main 2 criticisms is that I don't know what to do after knocking and opponent, and also that I'm not good at getting out after being pressured
You're not really using the right things in the right situations or the right ranges. Noctis has some fantastic tools but if you're using them when you're not supposed to you're going to get killed.
Like up close you're generally supposed to use his fast tools, jab, df1, db3, db1,1+2. Then from mid to longer ranges you've got uf2, db1+2, ff1+2, running 1+2, db2. And there's df2 as a top tier whiff/block punisher.

Using the longer range tools up close is a really bad idea, because they're so slow that you'll get interrupted. it only really works if you've got your opponent conditioned to block, and that conditioning is done with fast moves. Using your whiff punisher as something other than a whiff punisher is a really bad idea since it's VERY punishable if you miss. That Steve there wasn't really doing it properly but still.

Last edited:
You're not really using the right things in the right situations or the right ranges. Noctis has some fantastic tools but if you're using them when you're not supposed to you're going to get killed.
Like up close you're generally supposed to use his fast tools, jab, df1, db3, db1,1+2. Then from mid to longer ranges you've got uf2, db1+2, ff1+2, running 1+2, db2. And there's df2 as a top tier whiff/block punisher.

Using the longer range tools up close is a really bad idea, because they're so slow that you'll get interrupted. it only really works if you've got your opponent conditioned to block, and that conditioning is done with fast moves. Using your whiff punisher as something other than a whiff punisher is a really bad idea since it's VERY punishable if you miss. That Steve there wasn't really doing it properly but still.
I see, yeah I suppose that I'm not using my tools properly, thanks for pointing this out

btw, with df2, you talk about that moves that Works as a launcher or the one that you do crouching and hits low?

btw, with df2, you talk about that moves that Works as a launcher or the one that you do crouching and hits low?
With df2 i mean the gigantic range jumping sword uppercut. It's fast, huge range, launches on normal hit. So if you see a guy whiff something within that range, you can hit him with that and it'll hurt. But you're using it just raw, and that's not a great idea. If it gets blocked the other guy gets a free full combo on you.

The other one's notation would be fc d/f2 (full crouch d/f2, or from crouch if you prefer). That one is a -fantastic- low to enforce your fc mixup. But as always with that kind of thing, get them to hesitate first with fast moves. It's the same with his demo man btw, d4,1,1+2. Short range, not really all that fast. You're kinda using it from too far away or when the opponent is taking their turn. That won't work. Get them to respect your fast moves, then when they're like 'yeah okay i ought to block', that's when you can hit with chunky lows like that.

With df2 i mean the gigantic range jumping sword uppercut. It's fast, huge range, launches on normal hit. So if you see a guy whiff something within that range, you can hit him with that and it'll hurt. But you're using it just raw, and that's not a great idea. If it gets blocked the other guy gets a free full combo on you.

The other one's notation would be fc d/f2 (full crouch d/f2, or from crouch if you prefer). That one is a -fantastic- low to enforce your fc mixup. But as always with that kind of thing, get them to hesitate first with fast moves. It's the same with his demo man btw, d4,1,1+2. Short range, not really all that fast. You're kinda using it from too far away or when the opponent is taking their turn. That won't work. Get them to respect your fast moves, then when they're like 'yeah okay i ought to block', that's when you can hit with chunky lows like that.
Im understanding now what are you trying to tell me, I don’t understand “tekken logic” but now I see what should be my strategy

GGs Squirrel. That's a tough Alisa, one of the best I've fought. Her S2 buffs are annoying too. Still against her I have a terminator instinct. No Alisa must survive.

Jin's d+1 wallbound sucks. Whole point of it that it was slow but at least had late small window to crush highs. Now it gets interrupted by everything. Ehhh. Wish I could get one wall bound with this.

I guess they managed to get Tekken 3 out of whatever licensing hell it was in since it's on that Playstation Classic.
Hope it means it'll land on PS4 somehow. My fingers are too unusable to hold psx controller now.

I guess they managed to get Tekken 3 out of whatever licensing hell it was in since it's on that Playstation Classic.
I don't think it was ever in licensing hell per se, it was on-disc with...T5 I believe? Only Gon was a licensing issue and I'm sure they'll just remove Gon from the game like they did with T5.

I don't think it was ever in licensing hell per se, it was on-disc with...T5 I believe? Only Gon was a licensing issue and I'm sure they'll just remove Gon from the game like they did with T5.
Gon was only on PS1 version and still is in classics. There's a Gon copyright in the trailer. They just bought the licence again and it probably cost a ramen cup.

removing Gon out of a 20 year old game would require the source code or some hardcore reverse engineering. This seems like a daunting task for "only" a PS1 rom tackled into a toybox. Maybe they re-acquired the authorization to use Gon ?

Victimo vs SP, finally a sick Williams showdown, tekken 7 style. I was hoping for at least one attempt at infiniteslaps but, alas.

And, that means SP is older than me. I feel like a kid again!

I don't know how people can get good by playing at the arcade. For the past two months I've been in Japan and I don't even want to think how much money I've spent playing Tekken at the game center.
Training mode is a joke: 100 yen for 7 minutes of playtime. But the biggest issue is that if you want to keep playing against someone who's beating you and learn the match up and shit, you have to pay 100 yen everytime of course. Like, is everybody rich here or what.

This is random, but wow, Tekken (around 5K) now has three times the player peak on Steam compared to SFV (1.7K) and DBFZ (1.6K). It's still slowly growing, that's really unusual for fighting games.

I don't know how people can get good by playing at the arcade. For the past two months I've been in Japan and I don't even want to think how much money I've spent playing Tekken at the game center.
Training mode is a joke: 100 yen for 7 minutes of playtime. But the biggest issue is that if you want to keep playing against someone who's beating you and learn the match up and shit, you have to pay 100 yen everytime of course. Like, is everybody rich here or what.
I always wondered about that and just assumed the card system somehow helps. Like you buy a pass or something, but that was just my imagination.

When you are in that environment with the constant threat of your game time ending you exert yourself more and learn from your mistakes in a far more disciplined fashion.

But you're right, seeing those arcade accounts with thousands of losses pretty much means those people have spent multiple thousands of dollars on a single Tekken game.

I learned my Tekken skills at the arcade. The key was going there to get beat up by randoms, then come home to lab stuff in practice mode on console (and read up on strat posts online), repeat. Eventually I started holding my own vs. randoms, mainly because I spent a lot more time working on offense and defense against recorded setups than playing real people.

The game wasn't on the internet back then, and honestly I feel that online play has slowed down the learning pace of some players. I'm talking about the ones who rarely, if ever, train in PMode.

It is much easier to zero in on how to deal with a difficult tactic when you set it up with the record function and plot your response from there when compared to seeing it a few times a match every 30-40 games or so in ranked mode.

Last edited:
Iunno with this game, it worked well enough a couple of days then someone kicked me from lobby and I didn't find many matches since then - it's like some weird ass "shadow ban" lol... opened ALL required ports, only to get even more laggy matches :lol

In any case though - since that's nothing I can influence outside of moving...

Does anyone know a good beginners guide for Lili?

Preferably in written form? I can watch videos but that only gives me an idea what she can do but not which buttons to press...

Iunno with this game, it worked well enough a couple of days then someone kicked me from lobby and I didn't find many matches since then - it's like some weird ass "shadow ban" lol... opened ALL required ports, only to get even more laggy matches :lol

In any case though - since that's nothing I can influence outside of moving...

Does anyone know a good beginners guide for Lili?

Preferably in written form? I can watch videos but that only gives me an idea what she can do but not which buttons to press...
https://drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/

Super basic starting point

Fighting game stories are whack don't see the issue of folks from other places dropping by for beatings
If someone tops the list and is chosen as a guest then they are atleast alright and they bring something usually not in the game since they are foreign leading to fresh ideas and gameplay. And some eyeballs from the people who like their original franchise

Tekken is picking up steam on steam. Apparently big streamers like Forsen and MoonMoon are playing Tekken and more people are playing it as a result. We still haven't seen a drop off in player base since season 2

Tekken is picking up steam on steam. Apparently big streamers like Forsen and MoonMoon are playing Tekken and more people are playing it as a result. We still haven't seen a drop off in player base since season 2

Sodapoppin also. Yesterday some pro League players were playing it. It's weird, I don't know what's going on.