Tekken |OT| Dark Resurrection

I am trying to get back into playing again. I am trying out Asuka and cannot understand why this combo isn’t working. Any tips on how to get it to work?

D/f 2, f1, 3 2, 1.

After F1, 3 2, 1 never works for me :(

I am trying to get back into playing again. I am trying out Asuka and cannot understand why this combo isn’t working. Any tips on how to get it to work?

D/f 2, f1, 3 2, 1.

After F1, 3 2, 1 never works for me :(
Uhh I don't think you've got the notation right there..Anyway for Asuka after df2 do either of these
D/f2, d/b4,3 2,1,1+2 ff2,1 or
D/f2 ff2,3 2,1,1+2 ff2,1

The first one is easier to do.

Uhh I don't think you've got the notation right there..Anyway for Asuka after df2 do either of these
D/f2, d/b4,3 2,1,1+2 ff2,1 or
D/f2 ff2,3 2,1,1+2 ff2,1

The first one is easier to do.
Thank you for replying back to me. I will give those a try when I get home later tonight.

This also may sound silly but after the d/b4 or ff2 after launch, the 3 2 is there a slight delay in inputting 2 after 3 or is it more of a just press 3 then 2 right away?

Thank you for replying back to me. I will give those a try when I get home later tonight.

This also may sound silly but after the d/b4 or ff2 after launch, the 3 2 is there a slight delay in inputting 2 after 3 or is it more of a just press 3 then 2 right away?
No delay on those...they're part of the same move.

I think you got something mixed up.

After launch like df+2, you do ff2,3 that's first string. Then you do 2,1,1+2, that's the second string, it causes screw. Then at the end you do ff+2,1.

Ahh okay. Thank you for the advice! I don’t know what I’m doing in this game just yet lol.
Start with easy stuff. Launch with df+2, or f+2, or uf+4 then do 2,1,1+2 then ff+2,1. It's more important to get any decent damage after launch than screw up hard combo and get none.
After mastering above combo you can make it little better by doing launch then 2,1 tiny pause then 2,1,1+2 and ff+2,1 for the finish.

Also tidbit to note. In tekken there's button buffering. It means if you hold 1 and press 2 while holding 1 the game will input 1+2 move. It's useful in some situations. Say with Asuka you jab opponent with 1 to keep him at bay. After 1 you can hold it and press 4 and 1+4 three ring circus(or whatever it's called now) comes out after jab.

Start with easy stuff. Launch with df+2, or f+2, or uf+4 then do 2,1,1+2 then ff+2,1. It's more important to get any decent damage after launch than screw up hard combo and get none.
After mastering above combo you can make it little better by doing launch then 2,1 tiny pause then 2,1,1+2 and ff+2,1 for the finish.

Also tidbit to note. In tekken there's button buffering. It means if you hold 1 and press 2 while holding 1 the game will input 1+2 move. It's useful in some situations. Say with Asuka you jab opponent with 1 to keep him at bay. After 1 you can hold it and press 4 and 1+4 three ring circus(or whatever it's called now) comes out after jab.
Oh wow, I had no idea the game had button buffering at all. That is really good to know! I am looking forward to trying out the combo tonight.

Finally got to Brawler after fighting more than one hour against a marauder Lei (so not a lot of points per match) and he sure is fucked up. I was playing Xiaoyu and the amount of times he crushed my lows was insane, he's evasive as hell. And those sweeps, oof. I feel like we were pretty even but he might have won a bit more than me, I kinda lost track of the matches since I was getting engrossed in blocking those sweeps and learning his moves. The MU might not be the best for Xiaoyu, aop felt pretty risky to me, I don't know.
Anyway, thanks to that german Lei that rematched me so many times, good shit, that was fun.

Fighting at these ranks is not very rewarding since you lose/win so many points no one wants to rematch and risk demoting 3 times in 5 matches, so I hope I can get high enough were I can get more games in at the same rank.

Finally got to Brawler after fighting more than one hour against a marauder Lei (so not a lot of points per match) and he sure is fucked up. I was playing Xiaoyu and the amount of times he crushed my lows was insane, he's evasive as hell. And those sweeps, oof. I feel like we were pretty even but he might have won a bit more than me, I kinda lost track of the matches since I was getting engrossed in blocking those sweeps and learning his moves. The MU might not be the best for Xiaoyu, aop felt pretty risky to me, I don't know.
Anyway, thanks to that german Lei that rematched me so many times, good shit, that was fun.

Fighting at these ranks is not very rewarding since you lose/win so many points no one wants to rematch and risk demoting 3 times in 5 matches, so I hope I can get high enough were I can get more games in at the same rank.
I'm green ranks too we should do some matches

Try to learn the fundamentals of Tekken, then play him. I can guarantee you that you will have forgotten everything you know by the time he mashes himself out of your pressure after getting hit 4.000 times.

That stream was something, man. Embarrassment from start to end.
Ain't that every day for you ?
Every Lee or Law player recognize a failed slide attempt when they see one ah ah ah. We're so pissed we want to do it again.
my slides and wall combo dss finishers are alot better when the connection is better outside streams eating it

Uploaded short set of my Jin ranked.

This guy had Genbu with some character but couldn't handle Jin. No one can. Even Mainman on his stream was praying while playing him and saying how difficult he is. Jin is really hard to play and mentally maintain. Mega satisfying though.
Later when I saw he's Genbu I messed up last fight a little from nerves but went well.
Jin is in Vanquisher club with Kazuya and Paul and if it goes well soon I could hit Destroyer with him.

My status right now:

Uploaded short set of my Jin ranked.

This guy had Genbu with some character but couldn't handle Jin. No one can. Even Mainman on his stream was praying while playing him and saying how difficult he is. Jin is really hard to play and mentally maintain. Mega satisfying though.
Later when I saw he's Genbu I messed up last fight a little from nerves but went well.
Jin is in Vanquisher club with Kazuya and Paul and if it goes well soon I could hit Destroyer with him.

My status right now:

S1 Genbu and S2 Genbu are very different.

Nice matches. Jin is very hard. He's strong, but his lows aren't that intimidating, so you have to open up your opponent by other means.

You could have easily carried your opponent to the wall for a nice wall splat with b+2,1 in some of those situations, but you went with b+3,f zen 1,2 instead. You should also make use of his 3,1 more, especially at the wall. 3,1,f zen 1,2 does some insane damage at the wall.
You used zen 4 a few times but tried to catch him with ws+4. Is that possible? I've seen it being used at the wall sometimes, but I don't think it works in the open. Go with d+2 or 4~3 instead.
Your opponent can use a i13 mid after a blocked f+4, which he did. A blocked b+3 is even worse. I don't really use it outside of combos to be honest.

S1 Genbu and S2 Genbu are very different.

Nice matches. Jin is very hard. He's strong, but his lows aren't that intimidating, so you have to open up your opponent by other means.

You could have easily carried your opponent to the wall for a nice wall splat with b+2,1 in some of those situations, but you went with b+3,f zen 1,2 instead. You should also make use of his 3,1 more, especially at the wall. 3,1,f zen 1,2 does some insane damage at the wall.
You used zen 4 a few times but tried to catch him with ws+4. Is that possible? I've seen it being used at the wall sometimes, but I don't think it works in the open. Go with d+2 or 4~3 instead.
Your opponent can use a i13 mid after a blocked f+4, which he did. A blocked b+3 is even worse. I don't really use it outside of combos to be honest.
Thanks. Good info.
I do all that stuff in practice mode. Even if in warm up I do the hardest combos. It all just turns off once actual match starts, just very old muscle memory works. All my focus is on making reads and timing. Every proper combo and wall carry thoughts strangely disappear. Just gone, like it's on different hard drive. It's so stupid, I know. In warmup I d+1+2, 3+4 combos, any good combos hundreds times to build proper muscle memory, it doesn't matter.

Like on one point in the video I do 3,1 at wall but didn't follow it with zen 1,2. Why? I don't know. My mind blanks out. :/

I try so hard to erase this mindset with all it's terrible habits, but I still can't. Maybe one day... :/

One thing that got little better is my f+4 use in those matches. f+4 is Jin's key move, my only problem is I have a bad habit of going into Zen after it. In those matches I did about 35% less f+4 Zen just pure f+4. My goal is go to about 65% of pure f+4 no zen. Not all the way though I can sense when I'm about to score ch with f+4, it's one of my quirks.

F+4 was actually way better in vanilla T7, very spammable. 2 more advantageous frames on block and hit so eg f+4 zen 1+2 was only interpretable by max 11 frames, everything else got launched.

It still is great, but has to be properly used. And not sparingly either.

This guy even making tutorials on proper f+4 use based on a Japanese player F4Guy.

https://youtu.be/yUEP7BrBh1M

Zen 4 ws+4 works. It's a ch launcher but it has conditions. It has to ch while opponent is advancing(with a move) forward towards Jin, or he has to be off axis a bit.

Had an over 70 game deathmatch with a friend who uses Asuka today. For heavens sake this character is even more annoying now. All those buffs spread around just make her stupid annoying. And b+3 STILL gets me every damn time.

I Had to pick an equally annoying character(Claudio) to win. It's been over a year and that hopkick still puts in the work.

Had an over 70 game deathmatch with a friend who uses Asuka today. For heavens sake this character is even more annoying now. All those buffs spread around just make her stupid annoying. And b+3 STILL gets me every damn time.

I Had to pick an equally annoying character(Claudio) to win. It's been over a year and that hopkick still puts in the work.
Asuka players will abuse b+3 often when an opponent tries to approach them from a distance. The move is very punishable on block, though, regardless of whatever followups asuka does after that move. You have to bait it out. Run up and block. Anna gets a free launcher (f,f+3). Test in practice with your character on how best you can punish.

Asuka players will abuse b+3 often when an opponent tries to approach them from a distance. The move is very punishable on block, though, regardless of whatever followups asuka does after that move. You have to bait it out. Run up and block. Anna gets a free launcher (f,f+3). Test in practice with your character on how best you can punish.
Part of the reason I went to Claudio was for consistency there actually lol. B+4,2 would block punish and running 2 would whiff punish every time. With Josie I was doing f+1+2 and it kept whiffing when I should have been doing u/f+3+4. Asuka definitely has some wonkey moves which you should punish right.

Today I lost everything I gained last 2 weeks with Jin. I don't know why I was even playing. I was exhausted, barely hitting buttons but I kept playing knowing very well I was gonna lose every time in this condition. Felt bad, still played. I must me masochistic.

I must take a break for few days, I don't know what I'm doing in this game anymore.

Side note: Jin's otg sucks so bad in this. When I said that Hei needed his ff+2 to be a ground flip they actually did it in S2. But I also said Jin's cd1 should be a ground flip. Nope, nothing. Pretty sure he's the only one or one of last in the game left without otg flip. In older games(and pretty sure in vanilla T7) at least f+4 hit grounded, that was good, he needed that.