Tekken |OT| Dark Resurrection

Part of the reason I went to Claudio was for consistency there actually lol. B+4,2 would block punish and running 2 would whiff punish every time. With Josie I was doing f+1+2 and it kept whiffing when I should have been doing u/f+3+4. Asuka definitely has some wonkey moves which you should punish right.
Try f,f moves or moves with a lot of reach since there is a distance gap. Nina for instance can only seem to punish it with f+1+2.

With Claudio, I think f,f+2, 1+2 should probably work as a punisher. I haven't tested though.

Try f,f moves or moves with a lot of reach since there is a distance gap. Nina for instance can only seem to punish it with f+1+2.

With Claudio, I think f,f+2, 1+2 should probably work as a punisher. I haven't tested though.
Just tested and I stand corrected. Ninas d/b+3+4 launch punishes the shit out of Asukas b+3 and all her options out of b+3.

Regarding Josie, the best punish option for Asukas b+3 is u/f+3+4. Unfortunately no launch punish option Im seeing for her.

Side note: Jin's otg sucks so bad in this. When I said that Hei needed his ff+2 to be a ground flip they actually did it in S2. But I also said Jin's cd1 should be a ground flip. Nope, nothing. Pretty sure he's the only one or one of last in the game left without otg flip. In older games(and pretty sure in vanilla T7) at least f+4 hit grounded, that was good, he needed that.
Claudio doesn't have an OTG flip, hell, his OTG moves all round are far worse than Jins

Part of the reason I went to Claudio was for consistency there actually lol. B+4,2 would block punish and running 2 would whiff punish every time. With Josie I was doing f+1+2 and it kept whiffing when I should have been doing u/f+3+4. Asuka definitely has some wonkey moves which you should punish right.
Update!

Claudio can punish Asukas b+3 with 1+2, 1+2, b+2. You can take around 60 damage just from that.

Update!

Claudio can punish Asukas b+3 with 1+2, 1+2, b+2. You can take around 60 damage just from that.
We should make list of b+3 punishes for the entire cast.

I swear it's the most annoying move in the series for me. The minus frames are there on paper sure, but visually it doesn't give me that cue, feedback like: "Here! It's the window to punish, now!". Same with Xiaoyu's BT 4. The recovery just looks so fast, my brain just waits until the moves ends, I can't react.

I need to artificially hammer the punish into my brain one day. Like repeat it 300 times in a row.

We should make list of b+3 punishes for the entire cast.

I swear it's the most annoying move in the series for me. The minus frames are there on paper sure, but visually it doesn't give me that cue, feedback like: "Here! It's the window to punish, now!". Same with Xiaoyu's BT 4. The recovery just looks so fast, my brain just waits until the moves ends, I can't react.

I need to artificially hammer the punish into my brain one day. Like repeat it 300 times in a row.
Yeah, it's one of those wonky moves that visually doesn't look like it's punishable.

In terms of character list, below is what I have so far that can easily punish b+3 and all other options (b+3,2 and b+3,4,3):

Nina: d/b+3+4
Anna: f,f+3
Josie: u/f+3+4
Claudio: 1+2, d+1+2, f+2 (I don't press down during the second 1+2 but this is the accurate notation according to command list)

Punishing b+3 is like punishing a deathfist. You won't do it the first time, but once you're mentally prepared it's really satisfying. Unfortunately I can only punish either in long sets lol

I did it. I got everything back. All the way back from Vidicator to Vanquisher with Jin. 8 hours non stop. Exhausted.

I had to go through hell but it was worth it, I got better. I had to fight this one Akuma about countless times in triple deathmatch. Earlier I had trouble with this asshole Chloe so when this Akumer came and demoted me after some fights from Jugg to Vindi while promoting himself to Usurper. But what crossed the line is that he teabagged me after winning those last 2 fights like it's Call of Duty. "Oh you clowny fuck, now you're gonna get it."
So 2 dans difference, that gives me measly 550 points per win. I had to win 10 straight. And I do, won 10 times lost 2 during that. Ripped him a new one, demoted back to Jugernnaut. Kept destroying him until I promoted myself to Usurper and Demoted him to Vindicator and one more time to get the point across.

Never teabag me. :P

Huge Akumer - Jin matchup experience! Score!

Then I had fight this Alisa who got to Vindicator in 30 wins. Legit, ok. She was tough but there isn't Alisa that I couldn't handle, so I demoted her and after a back and forth I got the advantage win streak and got back my Orange with Jin.

Now I really have to rest. Pheew.

Last edited:
Side note. While I was in the grinder the new Jin wall combos 3,1 zen 1,2 and zen 2 worked like a charm on guys but on girls they were wonkey as hell, the zen followups whiffed in a strange way. Had to go back to db+2,2,3 against Ling, Asuka, Alisa because I kept losing wall damage.

Gray always on the grind

Last edited:
I checked that easy combos mode. Omg that's the best they could come out with? It's not even possible to play with easy combos because you push 1 or 2 to do anything and some slow ass launcher comes out. I checked Jin and 1,1,1 did cd1 but slowed down into db+2,2,3, that's it. I was afraid they're doing something broken with it but this is bad. This won't help anyone.

They should've made at least half decent tutorial. Not some baloon and giants nonsense like in Tag2. They were tripping if they think that was good way to teach people.

I checked that easy combos mode. Omg that's the best they could come out with? It's not even possible to play with easy combos because you push 1 or 2 to do anything and some slow ass launcher comes out. I checked Jin and 1,1,1 did cd1 but slowed down into db+2,2,3, that's it. I was afraid they're doing something broken with it but this is bad. This won't help anyone.

They should've made at least half decent tutorial. Not some baloon and giants nonsense like in Tag2. They were tripping if they think that was good way to teach people.
That was put in so you could disable it

Tekken is button masher friendly yall dont need this for newbs

I tasted Overlord for a hours this week with Heihachi...then a Genbu Kaz put me in my place but I couldnt stop rematching. I could smell the red so close I could taste it. Now I've slid back down to Vanquisher. This game is a rollercoaster for me.

So it's nowhere near the auto combos of DBFZ ? I thought they reached a good balance there.

Not one second in practice mode is ever wasted because there is always something either new to learn, or something old to refine. Since S2 hit, I've probably spent more of my Tekken time in the lab compared to playing matches (which hasn't been a ton, but still).

Not enough people slow down enough to figure stuff out on their own, preferring to do it on the fly. This can be pretty inefficient when you think about it. Defensive match ups alone are then only worked on when you face a player out of many who is using the particular character and tactic that might be giving you trouble.

So props to you for improving your game in a more straight-forward manner. :)

For a time I dodged ranked because I made it into light blues on my 35th win and didn't want to downrank immediately. Because if I rank I almost exclusively deathmatch people until they bail out and that can fuck your rank up.
What fucking annoys me to no end is that I have so much difficulty with EWGF in real match situations. I have no problem whipping out DEWGF, SSEWGF etc in practice mode. But I'm fucking glad I can actually pull off even a WGF in a real match.
But thanks for the kind words. Practice mode is actually enjoyable to me and I can sit there straight for hours on end and figure out distances for different stuff or actually movement. KBD on left side is me jumping up most of the time. No problem on the right side though, lol :D

^^^ That's true, but it is hard to show what you've learned/mastered if you haven't learned/mastered much yet (talking about relative newbies especially).

Going into practice mode to isolate situations and repeat them speeds up the learning process, and then going into matches to successfully perform is the payoff.

For a time I dodged ranked because I made it into light blues on my 35th win and didn't want to downrank immediately. Because if I rank I almost exclusively deathmatch people until they bail out and that can fuck your rank up.
What fucking annoys me to no end is that I have so much difficulty with EWGF in real match situations. I have no problem whipping out DEWGF, SSEWGF etc in practice mode. But I'm fucking glad I can actually pull off even a WGF in a real match.
But thanks for the kind words. Practice mode is actually enjoyable to me and I can sit there straight for hours on end and figure out distances for different stuff or actually movement. KBD on left side is me jumping up most of the time. No problem on the right side though, lol :D
Are you using dualshock controller? If so, go into the control options and assign the right punch (RP) to both the L1 button and the triangle button. Makes it much easier to pull off EWGF. At least it did for me in Tag 2.

Last edited:
Are you using dualshock comtroller? If so, go into the control options and assign the right punch (RP) to both the L1 button an triangle button. Makes it much easier to pull off EWGF. At least it did for me in Tag 2.
Nah, I'm on a selfmade stick. But the problem isn't even the 2 input, it's mostly me up the QCF

Just lost 2 matches in a row that I should never have lost. That opponent was bad, like really really bad, doing the same moves over and over again. I recorded it but am even too ashamed to share it.

Just lost 2 matches in a row that I should never have lost. That opponent was bad, like really really bad, doing the same moves over and over again. I recorded it but am even too ashamed to share it.
No shame, I learned for years and still can get caught by stupid shit.

What character was that?

No shame, I learned for years and still can get caught by stupid shit.

What character was that?
Feng, felt like all he used were like 4 moves and I ran into them even when I had life lead :(
He just spammed some lows and his body check most of the time.
Edit: Nevermind OBS fucked up and did only record sound

Feng, felt like all he used were like 4 moves and I ran into them even when I had life lead :(
Yeah Feng is one of those characters that will mess you up until you learn his quirks and player's patterns. Check his move list in training mode to understand better. His body check is b+1+2, it's so good because it's only 13 frames. So it beats basically everything that isn't a quick jabs or magic 4. It's very punishable on block, but it must be practiced. Because in real match the punish is often delayed due to sudden "Oh I blocked this!?" reaction.

There's a guy in my local scene who uses Feng. He's really good but everyone calls him a YOLO player because of all the evasive unsafe moves. Patience really matters against feng. Get too excited and you'll b+1 all day.

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah patience is not yet one of my virtues online. At least I start to do EWGF's and hellsweeps online.
EWGF is tricky but very do-able. I'm a total noob at Tekken but this is what works for me:

Hit forward (release) and quickly hit down-forward + P.

Don't roll from down to foward as a QCF motion, just hit D+F together at once.

If my timing is good, I can get about 3 just-frame EWGF's out in a row.

Thanks! I realize red ranks are gonna be inflated now because of the change in points gained/lost per match but it still feels great, especially with Hei and 0 lows lol. Now I just gotta keep it(I'll give it a couple days) haha
It's still very hard unless someone uses characters with low familiarity like dlc's.

In season 2 I basically played only Jin and could only push for Vanquisher. Dunno how I'm gonna get to Genbu with him, would like though.

I have Kaz and Paul in Vanq too, but that's still from S1. Didn't try to grind them in S2 yet. My Steve has the biggest chance probably, his buffs are something else.

Is there a text guide that explains how to play characters? I'm not talking about a guide that breaks down pokes and moves, but one that says "at this range, use this attack..."

Ideally I'd love to see something explaining Jin, Yoshi, Akuma, and Gigas.