Tekken |OT| Dark Resurrection

I have met the weirdest player several times in quick match over the last two weeks or so. He plays Law, is warrior rank and has more than 3,000(!) wins. He doesn't do anything else but the slow unblockable and like two other moves. Then he leaves after one match. We have a 4 bar connection or so, so that can't be it. Been scratching my head every time I get him.

Wait, is Dyrus the Tekken 7 streamer I first saw not so long ago with around 10K viewers ?
He's one of the popular streamers that picked up Tekken recently. He has like 1.5 million followers on Twitch. I think he's known for LoL.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
I have met the weirdest player several times in quick match over the last two weeks or so. He plays Law, is warrior rank and has more than 3,000(!) wins. He doesn't do anything else but the slow unblockable and like two other moves. Then he leaves after one match. We have a 4 bar connection or so, so that can't be it. Been scratching my head every time I get him.
I have met the weirdest player several times in quick match over the last two weeks or so. He plays Law, is warrior rank and has more than 3,000(!) wins. He doesn't do anything else but the slow unblockable and like two other moves. Then he leaves after one match. We have a 4 bar connection or so, so that can't be it.
I have met the weirdest player several times in quick match over the last two weeks or so. He plays Law, is warrior rank and has more than 3,000(!) wins. He doesn't do anything else but the slow unblockable and like two other moves. Then he leaves after one match.
I have met the weirdest player several times in quick match over the last two weeks or so. He plays Law, is warrior rank and has more than 3,000(!) wins..
I have met the weirdest player several times in quick match over the last two weeks or so. He plays Law.

Ha, tweet is gone. Did he ragequit on stream?

But I'm not surprised, people even ragequit in the SC6 test.

edit:

Ok, this is pretty funny:

Last edited:
He was known for ragequitting in League back then. Not only the punishment was light even if it fucked over everyone in your team, it was one of the reasons he got so popular.

He thinks that shtick can stick in a fighting game
That's not the reason he got popular.

He got popular because he was the toplaner for Team SoloMid which is a competitive team in League of Legends and one of the most popular teams in NA. Before he turned pro he was already a well known LoL player in the community.

He got popular because he was the toplaner for Team SoloMid which is a competitive team in League of Legends and one of the most popular teams in NA. Before he turned pro he was already a well known LoL player in the community.
Thanks for the clarification, that sounded a little bit too insane for me lol.

It really was *one of the reasons* like I said in my post. Being a toxic player wasn’t a discouraged practice and it madr him known as an entertainer

I'm like 5 wins 50 losses today. No sign of improving. And at this point I don't know what I can do to improve. I'm at the lowest point of 1st Dan.
Record some footage and rewatching it really helps. If possible upload some so that others can also see some of what you're doing.

It's a slow process. Who do you play as?
I'm playing Kaz. Did record some of my last matches but it feels like they aren't that helpful.
Edit: I'll upload some of the matches to YouTube tomorrow. Some are really useless (guy that hardly hit me and was even scrubbier/newer than me and a smurf) but I guess some of them can at least help in identifying what I do so wrong.

Last edited:
Are you on PC or PS4? I'd be down to play with you and give some pointers as we play if youre down.
I'm on PC, would really love to play some matches but gotta go for tonight. But I can send you my Steam profile via pm and you can just hit me up when you're willing to put up with my scrubbiness.

Last edited:
I'm playing Kaz. Did record some of my last matches but it feels like they aren't that helpful.
Kaz is my main(well one of) too. You chose yourself a very tough cookie to start with.

Basic pointers:

f+4 is your plus on block move. Meaning your next move will win the exchange. F+4, df+2 is the basic setup if they try to attack you after block and on low levels they will. If they finally catch up you can use db+4 low or hellsweep 1 to pester them. If they start blocking low use, df+1,4 or even df+1,2.

Abuse df+2 only more advanced players will punish it properly. Df+2 ch leads to big damage. Cheese = whiff df+2 purposely and go for another df+2.

Use dash hellsweep 1 and ff+3 interchangeably to mess with them. Some players like to block lows others don't. FF+3 gives you full combo. Remember that hellsweep and ewgf is not a mixup unless you're devil kaz.

Use 1,2,2, 1,1,2 and b+1,2 to punish stuff.

Use ws+1,2 to punish lows you blocked. ws+2 is used to punish big lows but you'll just waste it on smaller ones and put yourself in danger. You can also use ws+4,4 the fastest option but no launch.

Use ff+4 whenever opponent is on the ground. Eg after Hellsweep 1 go for ff+4 if they don't hold b. If they do, run up with another hellsweep 1.

After df+1,2 and db+2 ff+4 is guaranteed. df+1,2 isn't safe, db+2 is. You can use these moves as a basic combo ender to spike them on the ground and harrass them with ff+4 afterwards.

Use f+3 from distance to push opponent away.

That's the basic of basic that pops in my head now.

Kaz is my main(well one of) too. You chose yourself a very tough cookie to start with.
Well I used to play Kazuya in T2 & TTT1 and Heihachi in T3, and then I read that Kaz is a character that's good for learning fundamentals.
Thanks very much for the pointers. Some of that stuff I already know but have problems doing in matches (the CD4,1 / CD F+3 mixup for example). But other ideas are new to me. For example I always try to line up a new hellsweep when they are lying on the ground. What also works really well for me is f,n,d,d/f+3 when they run up. And SS3 into combo works depending on my timing.
Tbh I think my main problems right now are sidestepping/-walking correctly and also that I don't know when I can punish, when I need to block low and so on. But bar learning every single character I really don't have any idea how I can get better knowledge of the matchups.

Well I used to play Kazuya in T2 & TTT1 and Heihachi in T3, and then I read that Kaz is a character that's good for learning fundamentals.
Thanks very much for the pointers. Some of that stuff I already know but have problems doing in matches (the CD4,1 / CD F+3 mixup for example). But other ideas are new to me. For example I always try to line up a new hellsweep when they are lying on the ground. What also works really well for me is f,n,d,d/f+3 when they run up. And SS3 into combo works depending on my timing.
Tbh I think my main problems right now are sidestepping/-walking correctly and also that I don't know when I can punish, when I need to block low and so on. But bar learning every single character I really don't have any idea how I can get better knowledge of the matchups.
CD4,1 doesn't work on grounded opponents in this game because in T7 characters are glued to the ground and don't refloat any more apart of one instance(catching people while they're trying spring kick). That's why they gave Kaz ff+4. If it hits you can go for another and another. Many people don't catch up that you have to hold back at the moment of knock down to get out of it. They'll just just die otherwise. At wall I managed to get 5-6 in a row.

Last edited:
I think Kaz is super rough to learn the game on, to be honest. If you really like him don't let that deter you though.

Jin is probably the easiest Mishima style chara to learn on imo, if you want to stick with something similar.

Jin's not the easiest. He's hella hard. Devil Jin is though.
I think for beginners, Jin is the easier character. A lot more pokes, decent punishers that don't require high execution. His optimal combos require crazy execution, but he also has some very easy combos, even though they don't do a lot of damage.

I think for beginners, Jin is the easier character. A lot more pokes, decent punishers that don't require high execution. His optimal combos require crazy execution, but he also has some very easy combos, even though they don't do a lot of damage.
Problem with Jin is you first learn "wrong" way of playing because it works super well on lower levels. Later you need to unlearn everything, all the bad habits and start learning the right way of playing. It's very hard to do, because one can't just erase muscle memory. I'm on this path now.

With other Mishimas you a much smaller moveset, less stuff to think about and clearer path, more or less the right one.

Ha, tweet is gone. Did he ragequit on stream?

But I'm not surprised, people even ragequit in the SC6 test.

edit:

Ok, this is pretty funny:
Lol, i think this is the same dude who got pissy at people telling him to at least practice or learn the movesets in practice. I'm not saying you need to do this whole hypernerd "omg you need to specifically block this move over and over for 60 minutes a day before you even attempt public matches" thing unless you want to REALLY get into it. I play shooters too and i've never gotten the whole "practice headshots on bots for 16 minutes before you play forreal" like just play the damn game. practice mode in fighters become more integral bc well you know, you play characters. i dont get why its so hard for some of them to just take like 30 minutes to test out the moveset in practice, fuck around with some moves they like, and then play online.

shit doesnt have to be that tryhard

like no shit they're dropping combos if they don't even take the time to fine-tune the inputs. but the biggest issue i see with many of the big streamers playing this rn (and im fucking bad at this) is that they did the whole learn some launchers and one juggle combo. they cant seem to block or move, or footsie, or poke, or anything outside of that.

Edit: and i know a lot of that comes with time and shit, but it ends up with situations like that forsen dude who climbed his way up in ranks with katarina and now gets pissed because his 2 string combos and one juggle is getting constantly blocked and out-spaced by players far above his actual skill level.

Rank doesn't mean shit unless you can hold your own there. It's why i let people de-rank me all they want in ranked game rematches if i'm getting stomped, better for me to just learn and climb up there with time and try again.

like no shit theyre dropping combos if they dont even take the time to finetune the inputs. but the biggest issue i see with many of the big streamers playing this rn (and im fucking bad at this) is that they did the whole learn some launchers and one juggle combo. they cant seem to block or move, or footsie, or poke, or anything outside of that.
So, 90% of players in green ranks then.

So yesterday I had my first experience with Harada's finger. Did a rage drive with Kaz, it hit and the damage was done to my opponent, but there was no hit reaction. He could just go into a full combo while the rage drive "video" was showing. Or he was cheating though I doubt that somehow.

So yesterday I had my first experience with Harada's finger. Did a rage drive with Kaz, it hit and the damage was done to my opponent, but there was no hit reaction. He could just go into a full combo while the rage drive "video" was showing. Or he was cheating though I doubt that somehow.
You mean Rage Art? That is something.

I have 10 000 fights on PS4 and nothing like that ever happened. The worst thing is game disconnecting both players on a frame where desync occurred. Extremely rare. Ragearts whiffing at zero range in certain move exchanges or characters teleporing on edge of stages are known T7 bugs. Never fixed.

You mean Rage Art? That is something.

I have 10 000 fights on PS4 and nothing like that ever happened. The worst thing is game disconnecting both players on a frame where desync occurred. Extremely rare. Ragearts whiffing at zero range in certain move exchanges or characters teleporing on edge of stages are known T7 bugs. Never fixed.
Nah it truly was the rage drive. When you do the devil transformation one the camera changes for the duration of the fly and when it got back the guy never got actually hit animation wise but still received the damage and I was juggled all the way to my death. So strange.