The Black Culture Community [OT 3] - 400 years of choices

OT#2

We made it to three!
Not gonna lie, things have been kind of rough in a lot of ways, but we're still moving.

This being my first OT, I'm cutting out quite a bit because it feels like a different direction would spruce up the place. Will add more as time goes on. All obvious omissions will be added in time.

Everyone is welcome. WE celebrate culture and what unites us, but also what makes us different. Just don't come in here to start any nonsense. Whatever drama you find around the board, leave it out there. Don't drag it in here. Easy on the summoning spells and the "run tell that's".

Click on the image below to get the simple text version that's easy to copy/paste.
Fill it out if you feel like it. It'll help people get to know a little bit about you.

malyse did the graphic work and got the links below together. I just jacked em.

| EXTERNAL |

Black Excellence vs. White Mediocrity by Arthur Chu / Salon, through Alternet
The Case For Reparations by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Video Games' Blackness Problem by Evan Narcisse (Kotaku)
White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh
When you say you 'don't see race', you’re ignoring racism, not helping to solve it by Zach Stafford
Coli Smilies
http://www.blackgamedevs.com/

The Liberal Limit

Some things you should watch if you like good things. Not linking them, cos they pretty much say where to find them anyway.

Ok, I'll link this one because it really needs to be linked. Rod should be heard even if you don't leave a review.

"Whiteness"

SunhiLegend gif Shoutout.

K. That's about it for now. I'll fix it up as we move along.

Last edited:
Good day BCC. Back in Country for 2.5 weeks of island life.
My grandfather got a great funeral and a was great to see all family again(the house was full!!!). It was bitter sweet

I've been floating in and out for a while so I feel like I should reintroduce myself again.

Where you're from - Cali
Where you live - Cali
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - First-Generation Mexican American
Do you know your roots - Up to my great grandparents, most other info is either lost or forgotten.
Favorite musical genre - Hip-Hop/Rap
Your profession/major/career interest - Game Dev in training.
Your religious affiliation - Raised Catholic. Currently Agnostic.
Hobbies - Anything creative and playing games.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's > KFC. We don't have the other two around here.
Marvel or DC? - Both
Favorite superhero? - Too hard to choose between Spider-Man, Black Panther, or MCU Cap.
Anime or Nah? - Yeah.
Favorite sport and team? - N/A
What's your favorite Disney movie? - If Pixar counts, Coco.
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Breath of the Wild, Action/Adventure

I'm starting to notice this 1 guy on Facebook posts when I talk race relations.

I'm ignoring this dude and replying to everyone that pushes the conversation forward.

I'm not going to be that "black friend"

I've been floating in and out for a while so I feel like I should reintroduce myself again.

Where you're from - Cali
Where you live - Cali
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - First-Generation Mexican American
Do you know your roots - Up to my great grandparents, most other info is either lost or forgotten.
Favorite musical genre - Hip-Hop/Rap
Your profession/major/career interest - Game Dev in training.
Your religious affiliation - Raised Catholic. Currently Agnostic.
Hobbies - Anything creative and playing games.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's > KFC. We don't have the other two around here.
Marvel or DC? - Both
Favorite superhero? - Too hard to choose between Spider-Man, Black Panther, or MCU Cap.
Anime or Nah? - Yeah.
Favorite sport and team? - N/A
What's your favorite Disney movie? - If Pixar counts, Coco.
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Breath of the Wild, Action/Adventure
Welcome.