The Elder Scrolls: Online |OT| It's TES VI, VII, VIII and IX

I really dont want to be an argonian tank and prefer human looking characters. if i go nord or breton tank , will i be gimping myself? also, how are warden tanks?

I really dont want to be an argonian tank and prefer human looking characters. if i go nord or breton tank , will i be gimping myself? also, how are warden tanks?
It's really not something to worry about unless you get to the very end game and want to min/max your character.

I'm giving this game another shot, this is my fourth attempt to get into it. I gifted a copy to my bro and we are going to play this together.

I started a new character last night and somehow I have started in the Morrowind location, is this normal? if that is the Morrowind zone - I might be mistaken. I remember starting in other starting zones when I played this game a few years ago.

I'm giving this game another shot, this is my fourth attempt to get into it. I gifted a copy to my bro and we are going to play this together.

I started a new character last night and somehow I have started in the Morrowind location, is this normal? if that is the Morrowind zone - I might be mistaken. I remember starting in other starting zones when I played this game a few years ago.
New characters now start in Summerset or Morrowind if they own those expansions so yes, completely normal. If you don't want to begin with the Morrowind content, you can just move to the mainland and start there.

Just started playing this game and I like it so far. I’m a Nightblade and I have a question regarding dual-wielding. Is there a benefit for running dagger/dagger or sword/sword or a mix? I don’t really understand the mechanics for using two weapons.

And is it possible to get a bow and switch between it and my melee weapons instantly?

Just started playing this game and I like it so far. I’m a Nightblade and I have a question regarding dual-wielding. Is there a benefit for running dagger/dagger or sword/sword or a mix? I don’t really understand the mechanics for using two weapons.

And is it possible to get a bow and switch to it instantly?
Look at your dual wield skill tree, there it should explain what bonuses each weapon provides. It should be a passive skill.

You can equip two sets of weapons from level 10 on I think, e.g. dual wield and bow.

Morrowind is now considered DLC (you can buy from the Crown Store).

If you only owned the base game, it doesn't automatically get added to your account.
That makes sense - I wasnt a subscriber when I started my character, but subscribed shortly afterwards so that explains why it shows up in the game. Wonder if creating a new character will start me in Morrowwind now...

Is there some way to make the PVE harder in this game? It’s borderline easy, to the point where my enjoyment is being heavily affected. And I’m talking about the regular PVE out in the world with random enemies.

I’m a Nightblade so maybe I should go with cloth instead of leather then?
Are you stam or Magicka? If you are stam, keep using medium armor but use a lower level. Pve in open world is piss easy, the only way to make it harder is to use lower level armor and weapons because gear scales. As you level, if you wear lower level gear, you’ll only get a portion of the armor or weapon damage and thus make it slightly harder.

Is there some way to make the PVE harder in this game? It’s borderline easy, to the point where my enjoyment is being heavily affected. And I’m talking about the regular PVE out in the world with random enemies.
Unfortunately the overworld content became pretty easy with One Tamriel update. Have you tried Maelstrom Arena? It's a solo arena with normal and veteran modes. It's really challenging.

The overworld content being too easy is probably one of my biggest gripes with the game, but it's done on purpose because ZOS realized most people just want to play this solo like a regular TES game so they made the majority of the game possible solo. Back in the day Craglorn was very hard overworld content that required grouping and everyone complained and hated it.

Nowadays if you want a real challenge it comes from instanced dungeons/trials or Maelstrom Arena in Orsinium for a solo horde mode experience.

Playing this for about 4 or so days now, it's really way better than I expected. The quests (at least those in Morrowind so far) are genuinely interesting and surprising, I've yet to fall into generic "bring me 10 loot X" quests.

Rolled a Nightblade Wood Elf, but none of the classes seemed really interesting to be honest. Switching up between bow and dual daggers for the DDO feel, but I'm not sure what the 'correct' outfit or way to play would be. I kinda regret not rolling a generic warrior or something, but I like that stealth and shit can be really useful in some quests.

Playing this for about 4 or so days now, it's really way better than I expected. The quests (at least those in Morrowind so far) are genuinely interesting and surprising, I've yet to fall into generic "bring me 10 loot X" quests.

Rolled a Nightblade Wood Elf, but none of the classes seemed really interesting to be honest. Switching up between bow and dual daggers for the DDO feel, but I'm not sure what the 'correct' outfit or way to play would be. I kinda regret not rolling a generic warrior or something, but I like that stealth and shit can be really useful in some quests.
The thing about ESO is every class can fill every role. Maybe not as well as the meta, but because weapons have their own skill lines you have a lot of freedom to do what you want. If you are using dw/bow now you are on the stamina dps path. To maximize your potential for that role make sure you are morphing your skills to stamina options when possible and putting your attribute point in stamina. The same class could be Magicka dps by using a staff and choosing the Magicka morphs for each ability and putting your attributes into Magicka. Additionally you can respec your skills morphs attributes and champion points at any time for a nominal gold cost so you’re never stuck if you make a mistake.

How do people approach crafting in this? Do you stick to a few professions or are you researching, gathering and crafting everything that you possibly can?

I at least try to research every item I find, but my bank storage won’t really allow it so I’m thinking of maybe just going with two or three professions.

How do people approach crafting in this? Do you stick to a few professions or are you researching, gathering and crafting everything that you possibly can?

I at least try to research every item I find, but my bank storage won’t really allow it so I’m thinking of maybe just going with two or three professions.
I am learning everything on my main character as I am a bit of an OCD "completionist". But I give duplicate recipes to my alt and research on it as well. The alt will eventually be by main crafter.

So thanks to Resetera Essential RPG list, I decided to give The Elder Scrolls series a try (played Skyrim a long time ago, but to dumb to really appreciate it), and so I’m planning to play Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim in order.

I know that ESO is more like MMORPG than the mainline title in term of gameplay, but is it worth mainly for the story and lore (Side note, I don’t mind group content that have matchmaking, but probably won’t bother with content like Raid that requires chat/communication or even trying to min maxing) ? Currently playing Morrowind and really love the insane amount of effort that goes into lore and world building.

Also the PS4 digital standard edition (the cheapest one) description mention that it includes the base game and Morrowind Chapter. Just to make sure, if I buy this version I have access to Morrowind Chapter immediately right, no additional cost involved ?

So thanks to Resetera Essential RPG list, I decided to give The Elder Scrolls series a try (played Skyrim a long time ago, but to dumb to really appreciate it), and so I’m planning to play Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim in order.

I know that ESO is more like MMORPG than the mainline title in term of gameplay, but is it worth mainly for the story and lore (Side note, I don’t mind group content that have matchmaking, but probably won’t bother with content like Raid that requires chat/communication or even trying to min maxing) ? Currently playing Morrowind and really love the insane amount of effort that goes into lore and world building.

Also the PS4 digital standard edition (the cheapest one) description mention that it includes the base game and Morrowind Chapter. Just to make sure, if I buy this version I have access to Morrowind Chapter immediately right, no additional cost involved ?
The story and lore is the best part of the game (and IMO the best in the series), so if that's why you're getting it then you're in for a treat.

And yeah, you'll have access to Morrowind immediately.

Be warned though, the size on the store page is very much inaccurate. The initial download is ~75GB, and the total install size is just over 100GB.

So after the recent maintenance the game wants me to download a patch that is 45GB. What the hell does this include? An unannouced expansion?

So after the recent maintenance the game wants me to download a patch that is 45GB. What the hell does this include? An unannouced expansion?
when was the maintenance ? i was on PS4 last night (eu servers) and there was no patch.

anyone had their PS4 Quakecon freebies yet? i'm not sure if i was in time to get it or not.

when was the maintenance ? i was on PS4 last night (eu servers) and there was no patch.

anyone had their PS4 Quakecon freebies yet? i'm not sure if i was in time to get it or not.
It started 6 hours ago. Not sure how long it took. Just got home and started it up.

I've had ESO since launch on PC, even bought Morrowind last year to try it again. It never clicked for me. Randomly decided to try it on Gamepass last weekend, and I'm loving it. It's a great couch game. I've since signed up for Plus and got Summerset. There's so much to do in the game. Each zone is basically its own game; it's nuts. Slowly making my way through the zones (still on the first main Ebonheart zone). Dabbled with some thieves guild stuff.

Anyone playing on Xbox? Could use some good ESO friends who want to get achievements in the dungeons and skin runs! Tired of getting baddies from the dungeon finder!

Anyone playing on Xbox? Could use some good ESO friends who want to get achievements in the dungeons and skin runs! Tired of getting baddies from the dungeon finder!
Can you group cross faction? I'm Ebonheart (fuzzyset87 on XBL). I don't have a mic if that matters to you.

So my ping from Asia to NA is effin 350+ at any given time, I regret not rolling EU. But then I'd probably miss all trials since evening/night for EU is like 1AM for me.

Got Summerset and ESO Plus on PC, decided for something else than endless grind in WoW. Started Summerset as Breton Templar, I love this game a lot - it's chill, SP-friendly with great lore.

Do we have a NA ResetERA Guild on PC? I play kinda regularly and am looking to get into dungeons and trials. Been playing since the game came out, but never had that many friends playing the game.

If I have the ESO Gamepass version - that is just the base game and I would need to buy Morrowind and Summerset, right?
Note that Morrowind is available for Crowns now and included in ESO Plus, like all the other DLC packs. I'm guessing if you find a physical copy of Morrowind for XBO that'd still work, but it's not sold digitally anymore like it was at launch. If you're planning on getting Plus, you'll get Morrowind for 'free'. Also note the Warden is a separate Crown purchase.

ESOs OST doesn't hit the highs of mainline Elder Scrolls but it has some nice tracks nonetheless. I really like Moth, Butterfly and Torchbug.

Have to be honest, I’m very confused by how the scaling system works in the game. I’m now level 50 with 100 or so champion points, and every so often my gear degrades as I gain more champion points. It feels like I’m running just to stand still - I do the same damage numbers (or less) than I did at level 10.

Does this stop at some point so I don’t need to constantly worry about being undergeares because of the scaling factor?

Have to be honest, I’m very confused by how the scaling system works in the game. I’m now level 50 with 100 or so champion points, and every so often my gear degrades as I gain more champion points. It feels like I’m running just to stand still - I do the same damage numbers (or less) than I did at level 10.

Does this stop at some point so I don’t need to constantly worry about being undergeares because of the scaling factor?
You're correct. Since enemies level together with you, leveling up doesn't make it easier to dispose of mobs, unlocking new abilities aside. The gear cap for this game is set at 160 CP. From that point on I advise you to start working on crafting a good set for the build you want to use. And after that you will notice a large boost in damage numbers.

Crafting a good set at 100 CP is mostly a waste of materials because it will be outdated by the time you reach 110 CP.

I dislike the open world scaling implementation in this game by the way. It has killed any semblance of a challenge in the non-dungeon PvE content.

You're correct. Since enemies level together with you, leveling up doesn't make it easier to dispose of mobs, unlocking new abilities aside. The gear cap for this game is set at 160 CP. From that point on I advise you to start working on crafting a good set for the build you want to use. And after that you will notice a large boost in damage numbers.

Crafting a good set at 100 CP is mostly a waste of materials because it will be outdated by the time you reach 110 CP.

I dislike the open world scaling implementation in this game by the way. It has killed any semblance of a challenge in the non-dungeon PvE content.
I think traversing the world would be tedious if the open world stuff was harder. Especially in vanilla zones where they just paint brushed the wildlife over the map.

So basically until I hit 160 it’s just a case of getting new gear to keep up with the scaling, and then after that I’ll start to actually improve in power? That explains why a lot of the guides say you should be 160 CP before doing veteran dungeons I guess.

Also, sorry to double post - does that make the equipment crafting skills fairly useless? If the most they can make is 160 Cp gear, and dungeons drop far more than that very easily, what’s the point to them beyond an initial beginners set that you will replace really fast?

Also, sorry to double post - does that make the equipment crafting skills fairly useless? If the most they can make is 160 Cp gear, and dungeons drop far more than that very easily, what’s the point to them beyond an initial beginners set that you will replace really fast?
No, once you reach CP 160 you should craft yourself a good purple set (if you have the trait requirements) that matches well with your build. Dungeons also drop CP 160 gear, there is no real difference between dungeon gear and gear you crafted yourself. Outside of set bonuses that is.

CP 160 is the gear cap. There is no CP 160+ gear in the game, not from crafting and not from dungeons.