The Pinball (digital and physical) ERA |OT| Full Tilt

I swear I called Zen getting the licensing the day was announced Farsight lost it, but was shot down because 'Zen don't do realistic stuff'.
Many people have said they'd have preferred it if Zen did the real tables too, but based on like everything they've ever done, you can't really blame people for thinking it seemed unlikely.

Well, hopefully it worked out for the best now, it seems that way. It would be nice if Zen doesn't overstretch themselves like Farsight and release too many tables with too many bugs to keep up with, a slower, more quality focused pace would do them better imo.

Welp, Zen isn't fucking around..! Excellent!!

https://thisweekinpinball.com/willi...clusive-interview-first-tables-available-now/

"TWIP: Are there any plans to pursue some of the more difficult licenses, such as Addams Family, Twilight Zone, and Indiana Jones?

Zen Studios: “Zen is well prepared to secure the most popular tables in the Williams Bally collection. Our extensive relationships and prior history with licenses will be a huge help as we go after these properties.”

So with Williams/Bally coming to Pinball FX3 I finally got around to downloading it for my XBO. What's odd is though I linked my MS account to my Zen account (didn't even know I had one...) and am definitely on the same gamer tag as the one I purchased many games for Pinball FX2 on the 360 it only found the Star Wars pack I bought -- none of the other ones (V12, Tesla, Pasha, Epic Quest, Mars, Paranormal, etc.). Is it because I bought them individually and not as part of bundles? The FAQ on the Zen page says to just go to the individual tables' store pages and install from there but it just says not available for purchase separately. Anyone else seen this? I really don't want to re-buy all of those tables. =/

Edit: To make sure I wasn't crazy, I verified that I have many unlocked achievements from Pinball FX2 for these tables on my gamer tag. So I definitely owned them for the 360 and not another platform.

Last edited:
"Holy Grail moments...."regarding Zen acquiring licenses. Nice sneaky tip of the hat there! (Regarding acquiring third party table licenses"

Not coming table pack 1, 2, most likely not 3.,

Am I crazy or Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons playfield looks bad, like you are seeing a photo of the table with lens warp and noise?
Also is Big Buck Hunter a good table?

Am I crazy or Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons playfield looks bad, like you are seeing a photo of the table with lens warp and noise?
Also is Big Buck Hunter a good table?
The Big Buck one looks ok in a Farsight way but yeah, Whoa Nellie looks like they took a picture with an early 2000s phone camera and the lighting is completely blown out at the bottom. Terrible and you can't seem to buy them through steam, only through them. Steam will kick there arse if they find out they are not getting their cut. Not that I was going to at 2 tables for $14.99.

Bloody hell. They're going to have to step up their game. Historically they were working with a plethora of licences people were really interested in. If they want sales now, they've got to bring the quality.

Bloody hell. They're going to have to step up their game. Historically they were working with a plethora of licences people were really interested in. If they want sales now, they've got to bring the quality.
While to lost the Williams license it was not a nail in the coffin of Farsight, to see its major seller point going to the hands of its rival in the digital pinball market can be definitely the first nail in its coffin.

It's like my perception of 'The Pinball Arcade' package has dramatically changed, and now I see this is a worst investment than buying Zen tables.

Because the more interesting tables will appear here with better options, all integrated in a same frontend without even closing the program.

All of that said, I still want to buy the rest of Farsight tables, because you know, monopolies are not a good thing in any industry. And we need two companies competing, to see improvements.

Farsight at the end patched 'Stern Pinball Arcade' with TATE mode in Switch, because people were buying FX3 instead, for the only reason of having TATE mode.

And now, Zen is improving its physical engine to compete with the realistic simulation seen in the Farsight simulator.

Holy Christ, 21$ CND for 2 tables? Guess ill wait for a 50% sale. Id love to still support them, love pinballs, but $13.99 a table like the bigger license one like Star Trek and AcDc is not acceptable. Was expecting something like 5-7$ a table.

I mean, frankly, I'm just going to be spending less money on digital pinball now. I dislike the Zen stuff that much. Unless they massively step up their ball physics I have less than 0 interest in buying their Williams tables

I mean, frankly, I'm just going to be spending less money on digital pinball now. I dislike the Zen stuff that much. Unless they massively step up their ball physics I have less than 0 interest in buying their Williams tables
Have you try the beta? Its not the same physic we saw and play in all they fantasy pinball, the engine is on par with TPA, even if not better.

From so many of the responses I've seen Zen really needs to work on their messaging for this in terms of their new physics engine. That or people aren't taking to time to read what's happening with these.

Maybe a big splash screen in FX3 once these come out blasting New Physics Engine at people. Although it a weird spot as they don't want to decry their own previous engine too harsly.

I'm good with my Bally/Williams collection on iOS, but I wouldn't be adverse to trying a Pinball FX Williams demo.

From so many of the responses I've seen Zen really needs to work on their messaging for this in terms of their new physics engine. That or people aren't taking to time to read what's happening with these.

Maybe a big splash screen in FX3 once these come out blasting New Physics Engine at people. Although it a weird spot as they don't want to decry their own previous engine too harsly.
Their last physic engine had a purpose with its more floaty approach: to make the games more accesible and less unforgiving for people with less experience in the genre. And it paid off, I know a lot of people who was introduced to pinball with the FX games.

I'm perfectly fine if they keep the old engine on the old tables, offering the new simulation only in the classic new tables.

This is still for me the great doubt. If they will give you an option in the old tables, to select between the two physic engines. Or if they will simply include the new physics in all the tables.

I doubt they are going to retrofit the old stuff with tbe realistic engine because as you said it had a purpose, they were dedigned based on it, and that’s a ton of work.

They just need to make it clear the real world tables are designed with more reslistic physics for those who assume it's the same like a lot of the drive-by posts in the news thread are doing. It doesn't help either that the OP in that thread just pasted a single tweet and left. There really should be more info in it.

I doubt they are going to retrofit the old stuff with tbe realistic engine because as you said it had a purpose, they were dedigned based on it, and that’s a ton of work.

They just need to make it clear the real world tables are designed with more reslistic physics for those who assume it's the same like a lot of the drive-by posts in the news thread are doing. It doesn't help either that the OP in that thread just pasted a single tweet and left. There really should be more info in it.
Yeah, i rather want them to put their time on new engine and tables than trying to put their Deep engine into their old tables. But i wouldnt say no if one day they patch em up and give us the option to play them with old or new engine.

Yeah, i rather want them to put their time on new engine and tables than trying to put their Deep engine into their old tables. But i wouldnt say no if one day they patch em up and give us the option to play them with old or new engine.
Even if they could, wouldn't it potentially mess up the gameplay of those?

Even if they could, wouldn't it potentially mess up the gameplay of those?
I dont know really. Its a good question i will try to ask on their next live facebook show, but i think its not possible, as you said , might potentially mess up the gameplay of the fantasy engine.

I'm ready for some more original / new creations (outside Williams), the Star Wars / Marvel stuff is getting too numerous. There's so many more games that would work great, like the Elder Scrolls and Doom and other licenses they have that there aren't 20+ tables for.

I'm ready for some more original / new creations (outside Williams), the Star Wars / Marvel stuff is getting too numerous. There's so many more games that would work great, like the Elder Scrolls and Doom and other licenses they have that there aren't 20+ tables for.
On Zen's Facebook stream last week they said their focus is going to be Williams, so it sounds like they're putting licensed tables on the back burner. However they said they do have two originals being worked on currently.

I played some of the new Zen patch last night, and then switched over to try the new Farsight tables, and then also Fish Tales in TPA, and it's amazing the work they've done here! I can't wait for this to release, as it's only competition seems like real tables, Visual Pinball, and Zacarria.

Also interesting, when I was looking for new info from Zen on Twitter, it recommended their VP of PR, Mel's Twitter, and I saw this. I'm wondering if he was then sneaking out info that they were getting the Williams license...or....(Assuming that's been worked on for awhile) this was regarding Indy Pinball.

Last edited:
American Pinball's next machine is (surprise) ScotchOktoberfest

I'm looking forward to it. I'm not generally a fan of Balcer's layouts (TSPP, WOZ) but I like the theme idea. Shit, if whitewater rafting can make a good pin, so can a drinking festival.

Looks like the Williams/Ball tables on FX3 are going to be censored. Anything depicting things like smoking, drinking, language etc... that exceed the basic rating will be removed or hidden on the display, playfield, backplate.

Looks like the Williams/Ball tables on FX3 are going to be censored. Anything depicting things like smoking, drinking, language etc... that exceed the basic rating will be removed or hidden on the display, playfield, backplate.
I thought they mentioned during the QA on Friday that that would be temporary until they get ratings adjusted, no?

The Nintendo Online Service is not required for F2P games so that should include Pinball FX3 since it is technically F2P with Sorcerer's Lair.

Good news.

No way it stays that way, people will flip

There actually hasn't been a new Marvel table in 2 years.

Huge missed opportunity with Black Panther. Not really sure what's going on there when we've gotten two Star Wars packs in a row this year, including the tepidly-received Solo, and it's all owned by Disney.

Black Panther was one of the biggest and most popular Marvel films ever and BP doesn't have an existing table corresponding to the comics (which seems to preclude a film adaptation table i.e. Captain America and Infinity Gauntlet as opposed to Ant-Man and Avengers 1 and 2).

Reasons to do a Black Panther table:
Cool character with devoted fanbase? Check
More diverse Marvel hero representation (never even featured in the background of other Marvel tables!)? Check
More PoC representation? Check
Hugely successful film with big cultural impact? Check
First Marvel table in 2 years? Check

Nah, let's just make 3 more Star Wars tables based on a movie no one really liked or asked for.

Last edited:
The Nintendo Online Service is not required for F2P games so that should include Pinball FX3 since it is technically F2P with Sorcerer's Lair.

Good news.

No way it stays that way, people will flip

There actually hasn't been a new Marvel table in 2 years.

Huge missed opportunity with Black Panther. Not really sure what's going on there when we've gotten two Star Wars packs in a row this year, including the tepidly-received Solo, and it's all owned by Disney.

Black Panther was one of the biggest and most popular Marvel films ever and BP doesn't have an existing table corresponding to the comics (which seems to preclude a film adaptation table i.e. Captain America and Infinity Gauntlet as opposed to Ant-Man and Avengers 1 and 2).

Reasons to do a Black Panther table:
Cool character with devoted fanbase? Check
More diverse Marvel hero representation (never even featured in the background of other Marvel tables!)? Check
More PoC representation? Check
Hugely successful film with big cultural impact? Check
First Marvel table in 2 years? Check

Nah, let's just make 3 more Star Wars tables based on a movie no one really liked or asked for.
Makes you wonder about how long their lead time is. If they're working a year in advance, they may have missed the period when it started catching fire publicity-wise. Or perhaps their Star Wars license requires a minimum number of releases. Black Panther would've been super sweet as a table theme though.

Makes you wonder about how long their lead time is. If they're working a year in advance, they may have missed the period when it started catching fire publicity-wise. Or perhaps their Star Wars license requires a minimum number of releases. Black Panther would've been super sweet as a table theme though.
I don't know but i am absolutely sick of Star Wars now, across all media. It's gone from something I adored to something I am indifferent towards at best and annoyed by at worst.

Hey, been playing Last Action Hero lately on TPA. Is it normal thst the ball sometime, near the middle, get pushed like if there was a magnet, i dont know? Dont know if its part of the real table, which i never played , or if theres an invisible wall bug or something.

Hey, been playing Last Action Hero lately on TPA. Is it normal thst the ball sometime, near the middle, get pushed like if there was a magnet, i dont know? Dont know if its part of the real table, which i never played , or if theres an invisible wall bug or something.
I don't have the table but I did a google and found this:

Yes, LAH does have magnets underneath the playfield, right below the Dynamite Features. The eye of the pyramid below the Movie Scoop will be lit (or blinking) when the magnets are activated. The magnets are in a triangular shape similar to TAF.
http://pinball.org/rules/lastactionhero.html

I wish you could play the real table. So fun. Probably my favorite Data East.
Seriously, for the last few days, im all over that table! Didnt look at it first, because of the cheesy license probably, but when playing it, its freakin fun, very easy to understand the rules, missions. Got myself a 900 millions over score as top score atm :) . This table is seriously underrated !

The same can be said for a good number of non-Williams, non-Bally puns. I mean, I'm a big fan of the WMS catalog, but I'd be lying more than a President if I claimed that there were no great pins from other manufacturers.
Yeah. Been lookin at pinside tables from other companies, like there is a lot of older table id love to see re- created. Never played them in rl, id love to play them digitally. A lot look very interesting.

I haven't played that game since it was new, but I can still hear the "Get the Red Eye" in my head. I recently saw the movie for the first time since it was released and kept waiting for it.