Trophy & Achievement Community |OT| Unlocked

Oct 27, 2017
It's me or sites like psnprofiles or psntrophies no longer have a very active community that creates guides to 100% the games?

Like, I can't find guides for games that were released the last 6 months, maybe I could find some of them, but isn't like before where it looked like every game no matter how niche was had a guide

Oct 27, 2017
There has been a shift on PlaystationTrophies. More and more only triple A titles are being guided in a timely fashion. Lots of the old members who used to take the time to write for any old game are either gone or doing other stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #73 - Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (EU Version)

This game took me around 50 hours to platinum. Despite taking so little time (at least compared to my 200 hours in Disgaea 4 Vita), I still found it to be more frustrating. Just because of the Reverse Pirates trophies and especially the "Commando King" trophy.

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
There has been a shift on PlaystationTrophies. More and more only triple A titles are being guided in a timely fashion. Lots of the old members who used to take the time to write for any old game are either gone or doing other stuff.
The more prolific contributers saw that people cared about their work and set up Patreon/YT accounts with their own websites. Can't speak for Xbox but Brian and Powerpyx have their own Playstation hubs now where people will flock too (me included).
I agree though that the big titles are being guided sooner than niche titles, bar the small instapop titles like Massagy or Slyde.

I kinda like the charm of the smaller guides, like the guy who made that one-playthrough Platinum guide for The 25th Ward I found on some random forum last week. Definitely gonna use that. Hope guides like these will stay around.

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #211 - Assassins Creed Revelations

Huge step backwards from Brotherhood and 2. Everything about this game just felt off and/or sluggish - movement, the environment, the mission design ... etc. And bombs were a mistake.

Platinum #212 - Persona 4 Golden

I do not risk to invoke the wrath of ERA or other forum entities, so I'll just say that I think Persona 5 (which was my first and only other entry in the series) is vastly superior to this game in almost every way, and I'll leave it at that.

Anyway - I'm looking for a new game to play now. Is anything decent coming out soon? :thinking:

Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Platinum #211 - Assassins Creed Revelations

Huge step backwards from Brotherhood and 2. Everything about this game just felt off and/or sluggish - movement, the environment, the mission design ... etc. And bombs were a mistake.

Platinum #212 - Persona 4 Golden

I do not risk to invoke the wrath of ERA or other forum entities, so I'll just say that I think Persona 5 (which was my first and only other entry in the series) is vastly superior to this game in almost every way, and I'll leave it at that.

Anyway - I'm looking for a new game to play now. Is anything decent coming out soon? :thinking:
There's this game, God of War or something, supposed to be pretty good from what I hear.

Dec 7, 2017
Finally got another platinum!
Undertale!!
First one in two months! Moved houses and first thing I did was set up tv, PlayStation and couches! Undertale may be my fastest platinum in quite a while 5 hours or so in total it took me from starting it to platinum. Haven't even finished the game yet ( I will, love the writing!) But it's 100% done :)

Any other fun indie games to platinum you guys n gals would recommend?

Oct 25, 2017
Undertale was fantastic, and it's one of two games I've played (the other was Teslagrad) where comleting the game wasn't mandatory. Still, if you are playing pacifist, KEEP PLAYING. The payoff is worth it.

God of War, however? Pfft. Already platinumed and I thought it was pretty average. Square Square Triangle will get you through everything :|

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #213 - God of War

Not perfect, but still absolutely excellent, and when we look back at this generation, I feel this will be one of the games that really stands out.

Nov 29, 2017
I am working towards The Last Guardian's Platinum, I was REALLY upset to learn there was a 100% luck based trophy and wasn't really enjoying any of it... but somewhere the trophy pooped (pun intended haha) and now I am currently on my 2nd playthrough (the speed run), and will do a 3rd clean-up after it. Strangely, I am enjoying the game A LOT more than the first time, even though I am using a guide every step of the way to avoid wasting time. It's weird, I am basically copying every single thing the guy in the video walkthrough does and I am having fun...anyway, It's not very long til I am done with this.

up next I am eyeing Resident Evil 7 + DLC, but I haven't bought it. Anyone how has the platinum, could you please give some non-spoilery impressions regarding the trophies and platinum?? is it fun? long? short? easy? any stupid luck based trophies?

do trophies appear as you progress through the main game or are they of the "go-out-of-your-way-and-do-stupid-things" nature?

Platinum #213 - God of War

Not perfect, but still absolutely excellent, and when we look back at this generation, I feel this will be one of the games that really stands out.
if not RE7 then this is my next game, so the same questions applies:

could you please give some non-spoilery impressions regarding the trophies and platinum?? is it fun? long? short? easy? any luck-based trophies?

do trophies appear as you progress through the main game or are they of the "go-out-of-your-way-and-do-stupid-things" nature?

Oct 27, 2017
could you please give some non-spoilery impressions regarding the trophies and platinum?? is it fun? long? short? easy? any luck-based trophies?

A chunk are just from moving through the story. The rest are all pretty much 'find all the things' and 'complete all the quests' which you'll do anyway when finding all the things.
There are no combat or difficulty trophies, but still a fair amount of running around to do.

Oct 25, 2017
I am working towards The Last Guardian's Platinum
good god man why :( I struggled to get through that game once, looked at the trophy list and then hard nope'd out of there. Maybe in a few years time.

RE7's trophies were fun, I had it done within a week. I only needed help with two of them (the same thing, just different difficulties - difficulty is a thing), you will need a guide for those.
There are also trophies that ask you to complete the game a certain way, including one which I really liked. For that reason you do not need to use a guide on your first run, you have plenty of chances.

I still need to play through the DLC so no comments there. And, if you have the means, play in VR first.

GOW is a standard platinum list - finish story, clean up everything else afterwards. I needed a guide for the last 5%. Although collecting things is hardly ever fun, the game's just so enjoyable that it never felt like a burden ... well except for one part. I haven't the foggiest why dragging that out so much would be a good idea.

Oct 30, 2017
Platinum #71: Battlefield 4

Years in the making. My go to multiplayer FPS. Matter of fact, I don't play any other these days.lol. Im a Battlefield player through and through. The obliteration trophy(Bomb Squad) was a pain due to the lack of people playing it these days and what you have to do.

Last edited:

nny

Oct 25, 2017
I finally beat the "Challenge" and Platinum'd The Witness! I believe this picture is a better representation than a screengrab:

There is a method to my madness. :)

Nov 29, 2017
good god man why :( I struggled to get through that game once, looked at the trophy list and then hard nope'd out of there. Maybe in a few years time.
just got the platinum and ....mmhh if I had to summarize the experience, I'd say I enjoyed the game as soon as I started using a guide for everything, it's too clunky and buggy to enjoy playing it blind, it really isn't a very long game, yet it feels like it takes forever to go from one part to the other in a first playthrough. It went from a 4/10 (I quit it for several weeks because I hated it...) to a solid 7.5 with subsequent playthroughs, it's very charming, very inspired and has an amazing soundtrack,

yeah it's not a game you have a ton of fun doing the platinum but it's not the worst either, other platinums in my list were equally or more annoying than this.

Oct 25, 2017
It's me or sites like psnprofiles or psntrophies no longer have a very active community that creates guides to 100% the games?

Like, I can't find guides for games that were released the last 6 months, maybe I could find some of them, but isn't like before where it looked like every game no matter how niche was had a guide
I was never active in the community despite making a few guides and even had more in progress before scrapping them because I was lazy, but I noticed this as well. I think it's because the volume of games just got too big after a certain point, plus you have so many games that you can play for practically years now it takes away from others. Back in the day it was almost a foot race to who can get their guides up first, I would also say the general public just lost interest in trophies entirely. Now there are games that are years old that still don't have guides, or even worse games with guides that never got updated past their initial launch so their practically worthless(Gauntlet is one example as is Magicka 2).

Oct 25, 2017
I was never active in the community despite making a few guides and even had more in progress before scrapping them because I was lazy, but I noticed this as well. I think it's because the volume of games just got too big after a certain point, plus you have so many games that you can play for practically years now it takes away from others. Back in the day it was almost a foot race to who can get their guides up first, I would also say the general public just lost interest in trophies entirely. Now there are games that are years old that still don't have guides, or even worse games with guides that never got updated past their initial launch so their practically worthless(Gauntlet is one example as is Magicka 2).
A lot of the big names usually just post their guides on their respective channels. Powerpyx has his own website, PS4Trophies usually just keeps to youtube videos to name two of them.

It also just takes a lot of time writing them. I think most people would rather spent that time playing games.

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #84 - Life is Strange
I wasn't really digging it for 90% of the game. Seems like Butterfly Effect: Teen Drama Edition, with a murder mystery tacked on. But the final episode gives the story a little kick in the ass, so it all worked out.

Platinum #85 - Tacoma
Interesting idea. Could have stood to be a tad longer, was really getting into it. If you follow the story and read all the datalogs, I think you'll find the ending immensely satisfying.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
Platinum #43 - God of War

Standard plat, beat the game, do the side missions, complete some after game content and collect all the collectibles. Surprised they never had complete the game on its hardest difficuilty trophy, part of me wishes it did so it gives me an excuse to go play it on the hardest setting but I can imagine some parts being extremely frustrating.

Nov 1, 2017
Platinum #44 - South Park The Fractured But Whole.

Plat was ok because there weren’t any missable collectibles hence trophies this time. I should have played the game on mastermind the first time round to save me a second playgrough because it wasnt that bad in terms of difficuilty.

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #44 - South Park The Fractured But Whole.

Plat was ok because there weren’t any missable collectibles hence trophies this time. I should have played the game on mastermind the first time round to save me a second playgrough because it wasnt that bad in terms of difficuilty.
There aren't any trophies for it, but if you haven't tried the DLC episode yet, you should. It's really good and you get a couple things from it for the main game.

Nov 1, 2017
There aren't any trophies for it, but if you haven't tried the DLC episode yet, you should. It's really good and you get a couple things from it for the main game.
Yh I’m considering getting the DLC at a later date because I love South Park but after 2 playthroughs of Stick of Truth and 2 of Fractured But Whole, I’m burnt out for now. Will probably pick up the DLC when it goes on sale later.

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #80: Tales from the Borderlands

We had fun didn't we?
Originally my plan was for Yakuza 6 to be my milestone that would give me my 80th platinum but plan changed and my SO and I began playing the Handsome Collection recently and I felt like seeing what would happen next after BL2 with the Telltale game. An easy plat too, just play all 5 episodes and it come naturally.

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #214 - Yakuza Kiwami

Out of the games I've played (4 and 5 thanks to PS+, and 0), this is the weakest instalment by far. It felt like this one was just lacking in content somehow - maybe just less arcade games, less mainline plot, some cutscenes that lasted three seconds max (seriously - what?), whatever else. But more Yakuza is always welcome in my book.

Platinum #215 - Mad Max (thanks PS+)

Mediocre all round. They took the best part of Just Cause (BLOWING STUFF UP) and reduced the blowing stuff up part by about 95%, added in a weak version of the Arkham hand-to-hand combat, added a driving model that never felt right, and added a grind-a-thon for the platinum trophy that would make Ubisoft's map editors light up with ideas. There is something here, but it's not worth trying to find it.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Anyone here with Ghost Recon Wildlands willing to help me out with a Co-Op trophy? It's the last one I need, it should be pretty easy. I have to kill an enemy that has already been wounded by another player. I don't think it would take very long to do, I would be willing to help whoever else out in return of course.

Oct 26, 2017
Platinum #136: Dark Souls Remastered

Felt good trophy hunting again after 4 months of non-stop Monster Hunter World. And Dark Souls is as good as I remember. What a bloody amazing game. Shame they didn't add any new trophies for the DLC.

Anyone here with Ghost Recon Wildlands willing to help me out with a Co-Op trophy? It's the last one I need, it should be pretty easy. I have to kill an enemy that has already been wounded by another player. I don't think it would take very long to do, I would be willing to help whoever else out in return of course.
I can help if you still need it.

Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Platinum #136: Dark Souls Remastered

Felt good trophy hunting again after 4 months of non-stop Monster Hunter World. And Dark Souls is as good as I remember. What a bloody amazing game. Shame they didn't add any new trophies for the DLC.

I can help if you still need it.
Oh yes please. I would really appreciate it. Whatever time works for you. I'm on EDT. I'm about to go to the grocery store but I'll be back in about 45 minutes and will be on until late tonight.

Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Platinum #60:

Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Holy hell was this game a grind. I think this was the most grindy, collectathon game I've ever went for 100% in. Thanks to StrangeInStereo for the co-op help. This one took awhile and while I liked the game for what it was, there was just too damn much of it. I found it best to spread it out over a long period of time, otherwise fatigue will set in and you'll burn out.

Now back to Dark Souls Remastered.

Dec 7, 2017
Hey everyone!
I'm currently playing need for speed most wanted and for the social climber trophy I need at least 5 people on my friend list who have also played it so if you've played could you be a pal and add me :)
PSN: Brahdilleone

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Platinum # 13 - Life is Strange

A nice game with a cool story. Very easy to get the trophies. And I was happy they were all collectibles and weren't tied to your story decisions

Platinum # 14 - Psycho Pass: Mandatory Hapiness

Free with Plus. The story is ok but man I got bored of it getting all of the endings. Sure it's a visual novel, but even with skipping it was a pain near the end. Would let game playing and look at the phone.

Platinum # 15 - Monster Hunter World

Almost 280 hours in. This sucked my gaming time for almos 3 whole months. And I'm happy with it. The big crown farming for the Elder Dragons got my cursing a bit.

Now the worst thing. MHW plat was supposed to be my 1000th trophy, spent weeks planning it. But yesterday I turned on the PS3 to start some of my backlog and there was a Guitar Hero trophy from a December party that didn't sinc. Now my 1000th trophy is Snuggles for All (a bronze MHW trophy). At least it's cute. If they ever allow to delete games with trophies I can delete one of the few games with only 1 trophy that I have and I'd fix it. But, oh well, I'm not gonna die for it.

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know actual numbers or anything, but I feel like more and more games are releasing on PSN, which might have something to do with it (too many games, too few people writing guides). I think Sony is more lax with what gets through nowadays, which means more games and more crap like that horse racing game.

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #214 - Yakuza Kiwami

Out of the games I've played (4 and 5 thanks to PS+, and 0), this is the weakest instalment by far. It felt like this one was just lacking in content somehow - maybe just less arcade games, less mainline plot, some cutscenes that lasted three seconds max (seriously - what?), whatever else. But more Yakuza is always welcome in my book.
Your right on both counts. Content wise they added a whole ton over the original PS2 release, but its still not close to what you'd get in a full blown Yakuza sequel (though the Pocket Fighter and Mesuking stories were very much welcomed).
Again, cutscenes are more straight forward as they took the PS2 games and just dumped the new models into the same cutscene direction. The only new ones are the Nishiki ones in the first few chapters of the game.

I love the original Yakuza game though remake or not. Its a very special game to me. Love it!

Anyway, I've not been going after trophies very much at all these days (most I find are just too tedious to get). However I did manage to get the Hokuto Ga Gotoku platinum last month. Pretty straight forward, but the 100% trophy required some serious grinding and luck to get the last couple of pieces of equipment as they are really rare drops. Absolutely loved the game though, the combat and boss fights are amazing.

Only other game I see me plat'ing this month will be Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami 2. Just need to do the EX Hard difficulty run and I'll be done.

Oct 25, 2017
It's just so surprising they didn't clean up any of those cutscenes. Some of them seemed literally 3-5 seconds long ... new stuff:

Platinum #216 - Geometry Wars 3 Dimensons

Fun. Nice to get a purely skill dependent trophy once in a while. Although there is a huge amount of random RNG BS on some of the pacifism levels ...

Platinum #217 - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Also fun. I feel like this actually hit closer to home to the orignal GTA's description (are you a good guy or a bad guy?) than any of the following GTA's ever did. Doesn't hold up to the same technical level, but it was a fun distraction.

Platinum #218 - Dungeon Punks

Also also fun! But WAY too grindy at the end.

I have an injured hand right now, so Dark Souls Remastered is on hold.
Beating Capra Demon with a zweihander and a hollow waistcloth? Already done. One hand? Nope :(

Oct 25, 2017
First had a plat as well. Trophies look similar to last time, except with speed run trophies now as well. Wonder how hard it'll be to no death the levels this time, as the first game had really long levels at points, and a couple of parts were really tough to no death clear. Loved the game though.

Nov 29, 2017
I need some help, In two weeks I'll go on vacation for a month so I won't use my PS4 but I am itching to play something now.

Is there a small (indie maybe?) game that fits the following criteria?

.- is fun to play
.- can be platinum'ed in a weekend
.- is really short
.- actually has a platinum trophy
.- has no multiplayer or online trophies.
.- Maybe something like a "metroidvania" game?

can you guys suggest something?? I'd really appreciate it!

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I need some help, In two weeks I'll go on vacation for a month so I won't use my PS4 but I am itching to play something now.

.- is fun to play
.- is really short

It's not a Metroidvania, but I had a ton of fun with Aragami. It's a Stealth game like Tenchu, and has a pretty doable Platinum.

Nov 1, 2017

.- is fun to play
.- is really short

Strider, Guacamelee! and Dust: An Elysian Tail. Got the Plats to all 3 of these, all fun games, all 2D Metroidvania and no MP. I wouldn’t say they are really short but they aren’t super long. Guacamelee! being the best, then Strider, then Dust.

Oct 27, 2017

.- is fun to play
.- is really short

Depending on how much time you have over the weekend, Apotheon fits your criteria.

Nov 29, 2017
It's not a Metroidvania, but I had a ton of fun with Aragami. It's a Stealth game like Tenchu, and has a pretty doable Platinum.
I just checked Aragami and I forgot to add, no DLC trophy packs :) but maybe after my vacation!

Strider, Guacamelee! and Dust: An Elysian Tail. Got the Plats to all 3 of these, all fun games, all 2D Metroidvania and no MP. I wouldn’t say they are really short but aren’t super long. Guacamelee! being the best, then Strider, then Dust.
Guacamelee seems a bit too big for 2 weeks (also, no DLC packs)

Strider seem to fit the bill better

Dust: AEL looks cool and has even less trophies which is good.

will check all of them

Depending on how much time you have over the weekend, Apotheon fits your criteria.
yeah this seems good too.

thanks everyone, will do a little research before deciding.(no bugs, unobtainable trophies, luck-based trophies, platinums, length etc)