Video Footage: AAA Harry Potter game leaked?

This is a dream game for me. If it's real holy shit, but if it's fake 10/10 to whoever dd it.

Could it be Rocksteady? I know there were rumors about Avalanche doing it but holy shit do I want it to be Rocksteady.

Looks bloody fantastic to me. Very realistic facial graphics for a start and super polished and slick effects. Wonderful. Always wanted a big beautiful Harry Potter game like this.

I was screaming FAKE to start with but that footage is just too well done for a fan made mockup. The facial animations, environments and lighting all look very AAA. This has to be something IMO. I just hope it wasn't just a proof of concept that was scrapped. Saying that there's a lot more than just a vertical slice there.

I'd be all over a Hogwarts RPG. My wife is such a massive HP fan so It'll be a day one buy in my household.

I was screaming FAKE to start with but that footage is just too well done for a fan made mockup. The facial animations, environments and lighting all look very AAA. This has to be something IMO. I just hope it wasn't just a proof of concept that was scrapped. Saying that there's a lot more than just a vertical slice there.

I'd be all over a Hogwarts RPG. My wife is such a massive HP fan so It'll be a day one buy in my household.
There is still a chance this could be fake, yeah, but it looks too in-depth to be at this point. Plus the job openings posted in this thread (from Avalanche) kinda "feel" right for this.

I'd love for this to be 100% true, even if it ends up being exclusive to some platform (though I'd rather it be multiplatform).

Avalanche sent out job postings for people with knowledge of English history a (few) ? Years ago so everyone pretty much assumed they were making Harry potter.

Avalanche is making this? But didn't they get acquired in like January last year? If they've created all this in just an year and a half, color me mighty impressed.

God I hope this game does this right. An open world Hogwarts and surrounding areas with all the magical charm the Harry Potter universe delivers in spades. I really REALLY hope it's not too action/combat heavy the whole way through. That would just ruin it. Really hope it has a good story and takes a journey and isn't just a handful of gameplay elements repeated in a loop for the whole game.

Just give me a playable Harry Potter universe! Graphically it's everything I wanted a HP game to be.

A Fable-ish Harry Potter game where you go through 7 years at Hogwarts with a custom character has long been a massive hope for me, and while this probably isn't exactly that, I'll take it all day.

People leak in 4K nowadays?

Fantastical beasts or Harry Potter it looks like, maybe both. I have a softspot for Harry Potter and I'm down with everything with an established world.

In retrospect it's quite interesting how, at the peak of it's popularity, the franchise never really got a proper solid game. Of course there is the issue that at the time, the very idea of a video-game adaptation was very much one of "low effort, max profit", so it's unlikely WB would ever want to spend all that much in such a project.

Still, it seems such a perfect setting for an RPG: make your own student OR pick one of the 3 main heroes, have Hogwarts (and the surrounding areas) be your main open world hub, have actual progression through the 7 school years (ie, more than a mission or two per year, have it instead be proper lenghty and meaty "chapters" of the game), have it be somewhat Metroidvania so with each new school year you could unluck different or harder areas, have it either follow the book/films plot OR make a brand new one (either before or after the book/films one). By default having magic and various different spells could make for an interesting way to fight, explore and interact with the world itself.

I dunno, it's weird how WB never took that chance despite it being a massive IP. Granted, what I mentioned requires money, time and talent to pull of properly.

I wish it focused a little less on combat and more on the story and characters. We will see if they find the right balance or at least grab some stuff from Persona and mixed it in there.

Make it a full RPG experience (i.e ability score checks, I don't enjoy pseudo RPGs like Horizons: Zero Dawn for example) set in and around Hogwarts and I'm there day 1.

Certainly seems more likely to be real to me. And it does seem to have a bit of a Rocksteady feel in the faces and some of the animations.