Video Footage: AAA Harry Potter game leaked?

I’m with people saying make this an RPG where you go through Hogwarts. Man that would be hype as all hell. Don’t care if it’s cross gen or whatever. Take all the time you need to make it right. I’ll be there when it’s ready.

I'm not the world's biggest Potter fan by any stretch, but that universe has always seemed to have enormous potential for exactly the sort of game that this appears to be. It's definitely something I'd check out.

you can see Xbox buttons layout at the part where the player rebuilds a bridge, so I'm guessing this was going to be revealed at Microsoft's X018 in Mexico City next month - since Phil said there would be big announcements there
This looks too early in development to be that close to an announcement imo.

A TV series covering the books is also inevitable. People would drink that up, just for the idea that the books can be more accurately translated to a medium that doesn't have as big time constrains.
I'd take a 300 episode anime adaptation, thank you very much!

you can see Xbox buttons layout at the part where the player rebuilds a bridge, so I'm guessing this was going to be revealed at Microsoft's X018 in Mexico City next month - since Phil said there would be big announcements there
This game is too big for that Xbox show. Zero chance it will premiere there.

Imagine if this is structured like destiny .

Shared hogwarts with 100s of other wizards , complete dungeons like exploring the bowls of hog wards .

Throw in a campaign. Throw in a high level “raid” like dungeon.

Throw in optional quidditch matches and create leagues .

Obviously loot wouldn’t be the main priority, but could learn new spells as the main driver .

There’s also a PS4 d-pad icon visible in the character creation screen, so this isn’t really indicative of a reveal at any upcoming events in the near future.
Was there? Going to watch again. I still really think this is either going to be a Xbox event reveal or a game awards reveal. The trailer cut is far enough along to make it to either one of those.

Edit, yup that's totally a segmented dpad.

Looks like it is using deep down technology and that never made it past the integration and testing phase. Looks to ambitious to be true.

Shared hogwarts with 100s of other wizards , complete dungeons like exploring the bowls of hog wards .

Obviously loot wouldn’t be the main priority, but could learn new spells as the main driver .
No Destiny BS, thanks.

Single Player or bust.

I remember playing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the PS2. Anyone else? Back in the day, I had great fun with it and even managed to beat it, which was a rarity for me as a kid. Today, however, I don't know how I'd feel about that game. I've been wanting a Harry Potter AAA experience ever since! The potencial of world building, story and gameplay is definitely there, and current gen technology could allow for very interesting games!

Please don't be like this

JaseC

You'll always have friends at the Grand Hotel
There’s also a PS4 d-pad icon visible in the character creation screen, so this isn’t really indicative of a reveal at any upcoming events in the near future.
Additionally, there's no denying the possibility it's the PC version being played with a controller. "I see [x console] controller prompts, therefore it's the [x console] version" hasn't been a safe bet for quite a long time now.

I'm not gonna lie.

The prospect of playing as a group of 6 Hogwarts students who find a long abandoned dungeon in a part of Hogwarts and delve in to find out what happened in there and brave the dangers within?

The prospect of having 4 of those 6 students rage quit mid-dungeon, while realistic, sounds kinda crap.

I'd be down for a Hogwarts RPG.

Shit I'd be down for Hogwarts anything. RTS, Life simulator...I don't give a shit. Just let me walk around Hogwarts and do magic stuff and I'm set.

Yeah I'd love this.

This is real, no way it is fake. Could be from a cancelled game though. Looks very cool but I would be a lot more excited if it was from Rocksteady. Arkham Asylum <-> Hogwarts.

Similar to the Skull & Bones reveal, I'd do a hard 180 and be disappointed forever.

I want it to be like Mass Effect but in Hogwarts, from the description it’s looking like that, just need the confirmation of party members.