Vita Community |OT| ReVitalized

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 74 24.7%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 112 37.3%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 65 21.7%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 15 5.0%

• Total voters
Bummed out but not surprised. At this point I have no hope of 13 Sentinels getting a Vita release in the west, physically or digitally.
At this point the question is, is the game even releasing at all? It was revealed in 2015 and we still have no idea what it even is other than it being a sidescroller. If it does come out eventually, no one should expect it to even be on Vita in Japan, let alone anywhere else.

Hey guys, first post here, but I used to post over on GAF with a Relm avatar under the same name.

Anyway, after reading about the Vita being discontinued I decided to go ahead and buy one, as I know there are games I'm interested that are only available in it. I BARELY managed to get one where I live (Chile) but I managed to snatch a used PCH-1010. To my surprise I already had some cross-buy games which I played no mind to, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Currently I'm playing through P4G, and have Flower, Three Fourths Home, Dustforce and Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz downloaded, but I was hoping you guys could point me into the direction of some good Vita exclusives to get when I see them. I'm super into RPGs, so I already have my eye on Muramasa, Shiren and Odin Sphere. I'm also thinking of buying FFX HD Remaster, which, even though I already own on PS3, could be a good way to get me to play through X again and see if I manage to beat the Dark Aeons this time.

I do have a PS4 and PS3 though, but I'm more keen on playing through PS exclusives in a portable manner. Knowing that, anything else I should know?

Hey guys, first post here, but I used to post over on GAF with a Relm avatar under the same name.

Anyway, after reading about the Vita being discontinued I decided to go ahead and buy one, as I know there are games I'm interested that are only available in it. I BARELY managed to get one where I live (Chile) but I managed to snatch a used PCH-1010. To my surprise I already had some cross-buy games which I played no mind to, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Currently I'm playing through P4G, and have Flower, Three Fourths Home, Dustforce and Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz downloaded, but I was hoping you guys could point me into the direction of some good Vita exclusives to get when I see them. I'm super into RPGs, so I already have my eye on Muramasa, Shiren and Odin Sphere. I'm also thinking of buying FFX HD Remaster, which, even though I already own on PS3, could be a good way to get me to play through X again and see if I manage to beat the Dark Aeons this time.

I do have a PS4 and PS3 though, but I'm more keen on playing through PS exclusives in a portable manner. Knowing that, anything else I should know?
Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2. The games have a couple of similarities to Persona 5 (haven't gotten too far into P4G to say for sure on that front) - a social link system, the high school student MC, a slow start that unfolds to something bigger and bigger as time goes by, and cycling between dungeons and school life segments. They are on PS3 as well, but you said you wanted to play them portably. Frankly, even if you didn't ahve the Vita they'd still be worth a mention - 1 (at least) is quite good and while I haven't played 2 yet I don't see how it'd be worse than 1. I've not tried them either but you could also give the Ys series a shot - the Vita has Memories of Celceta, Origins, and 8 available.

Dungeon Travelers 2,
Mary Skelter Nightmares
Stranger Of Sword City Revisited
Ray Gigant
Freedom Wars
The Caligula Effect
La Mulana EX

A lot of games that were exclusive have seen a multiplatform release at this point, or will see one. The Caligula Effect And Mary Skelter on my list are examples. I think La Mulana is also on PC.

Tales of Hearts R is my go-to recommendation for Vita exclusive RPG's. Although they're on other platforms Ar no Surge Plus, Trillion: God of Destruction and Ys: Memories of Celceta are worth playing on Vita too, plus The Caligula Effect (although it's getting an expanded PS4 version this year).

The best Vita exclusive is Killzone Mercenary, although that probably won't mean much if you don't like FPS games. Tearaway is also much better on Vita than PS4.

Two hidden gem recommendations - Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs Force is a really fun action/strategy title, while Shinobido 2 offers some stealth action that's pretty enjoyable too.

Extreme Vs Force is sooooo fucking good. It still needs a lot of polish, but considering that it's their first attempt at transforming the Gundam Vs gameplay into a full-pledged SP mode, they've done real good (well, minus being very damn short). It really helped that GvG gameplay was good to begin with.

The switching between team micro-management and action was quick and awesome. It is also helped that the teammate AI was taken from a VS game, which meant that they're not shitty useless AI.

I'll forever be bitter that there will be no second attempts on it.

P.S. Try to learn some advanced Gundam Vs techniques (like shoot -> boost dash -> shoot -> boost dash, etcetcetc) to fully enjoy ExVS Force. They're never fully explained in-game IIRC but makes playing the GvG system much more fun and exhilarating.

I once mad a list of vita games i wantes to buy mainly as they contained exclusives and must have games.
Gonna need to check it out again soon.
Killzone merc doesnt have any dlc right?

My latest article is a retrospective of Vita's life and everything I've loved about it:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/vita-means-life-a-retrospective-2011-2019/

Extreme Vs Force is sooooo fucking good. It still needs a lot of polish, but considering that it's their first attempt at transforming the Gundam Vs gameplay into a full-pledged SP mode, they've done real good (well, minus being very damn short). It really helped that GvG gameplay was good to begin with.

The switching between team micro-management and action was quick and awesome. It is also helped that the teammate AI was taken from a VS game, which meant that they're not shitty useless AI.

I'll forever be bitter that there will be no second attempts on it.

P.S. Try to learn some advanced Gundam Vs techniques (like shoot -> boost dash -> shoot -> boost dash, etcetcetc) to fully enjoy ExVS Force. They're never fully explained in-game IIRC but makes playing the GvG system much more fun and exhilarating.
Hey, another fan! \o

I'm kinda bitter it received such a bad rep. It's a really fun game (reminds me a lot of Future Cop LAPD at times) that, like you say, mixes the action and strategy really well. I wish they'd have another go at it idd.

When these games are localized on PS4, there’s still a (slim) chance the localization can be reused by fans in a patch for the Vita Japanese version at least.

It’s far from ideal, but it’s something.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Sarah's great, I've chatted with her about Vita Otome titles when she's played through them. I have a feeling she'll come back with bad new but it feels nice to have somebody like her at Atlus especially after losing Hardin.

Sarah's great, I've chatted with her about Vita Otome titles when she's played through them. I have a feeling she'll come back with bad new but it feels nice to have somebody like her at Atlus especially after losing Hardin.
I miss John Hardin. Sarah's pretty great though yeah.

Catherine would be an ace final title for Vita to go out on in the west. Hope it happens somehow.

So I’m looking o buy a vita but I’m lost as to where to buy one. I also want to get into the hacking aspect of it as well as I had hacked my psp when I was younger. Any help would be appreciated as I’m looking to purchase one Friday. Amazon has them for $200+ but I don’t know what model to buy for hacking.