Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the 40K Era There Is Only War

Vigulus is gearing up to be a amajor gathering the storm style campaign.

right now, current rumors

Blackstone fortress
- New abaddon, new black legion models (only 3-4 initally)
- new inquisitors

---------------------------------------------------

Vigulus, I expect to see 2-3 major new characters come back,change.

- Beast ghaz
- A xeno primarch equivelent, could also be fulgrim
- RUss.

I expect something like

part 1: Beast ghaz
part 2: ???
part 3: The Route of Vigulus, russ

my guess this " warzone: Vigulus" will start feb 08th, with the this part arriving by summer
 
Since we're being allowed commanders in KT now I decided to grab another Cadre Fireblade - but since I hate the look of the base model I swapped in some Fire Warrior bits and changed the pose. I think he looks much better than the derp OG model.





OG model
Yeah the fireblade sculpt suuuucks. I ended up buying the Big Shas' mini from Wargame exclusive and using that for my fireblade.
 
I see they've made Necron Monoliths and Night Scythes work a bit more like Transports: "the unit that has just been set up counts as having disembarked from a transport for all rules purposes."

They could do with a points drop next, though points changes are coming in Chapter Approved in December.
 
I see they've made Necron Monoliths and Night Scythes work a bit more like Transports: "the unit that has just been set up counts as having disembarked from a transport for all rules purposes."

They could do with a points drop next, though points changes are coming in Chapter Approved in December.
I'm very glad my Tau made it through more or less unscathed. I hope Crisis suits get a point reduction in December.
 
I see they've made Necron Monoliths and Night Scythes work a bit more like Transports: "the unit that has just been set up counts as having disembarked from a transport for all rules purposes."

They could do with a points drop next, though points changes are coming in Chapter Approved in December.
Ironically, this is exactly the rules change that was needed to make my "all my stuff in your deployment, Turn 1" list legal
 
I feel like a lot of armies that already struggle against top lists got knocked down a peg further.

My two armies have mixed results. On the one hand, my Harlequins don’t care about cover, having or fighting against. I’m mostly doing mortal wounds and melta shots on turn 1, so I don’t mind if my opponent spends 2CP to get very little out of it. However, the nerf to flip belts and flying really hurts. It’s not the end of the world given how small my base sizes are, there’s usually still a way to sneak in, but not being able to flip over screens on the charge to get to juicy targets like hive guard and characters is already something I’m feeling in the two games I played today against Admech and Nids.

My other army is Sisters of Battle and I think the new stratagem is a significant buff. 75% of my sisters army is in either an Immolator or a Repressor, and the other 25% (Seraphim, Celestine) will be on a 2+ or 1+ save on the first turn. This allows me to push forward with my repressors using the Dominion’s pre-game move even if I don’t go first, knowing that none of them are going to be going down easy. The risk seems worth it, considering it means I’ll have 44 storm bolter shots and 10 melta shots in range for whatever they need to shoot at in my turn. On the other hand, Celestine will have a harder time making the charge she wants due to the flying changes. I’d say it’s 3 steps forward 1 step back.
 
The fix for CP farming wasn't what I expected: maximum of 1cp generated per turn, from any source. I think that's good. It's still a thing you can do but it doesn't stack and then break the game. The significant increase in cost for a bunch of knight strategies on top of that really takes the teeth out of those lists, rather than flat out not allowing them
 
I see they still haven't fixed the breachers pulse blaster in killteam.

because the weapon has 3 profiles, and you -1 to hit for anything over half the distance.

the ONLY time a breacher using a pulse blaster does not subtract 1 to hit, is when they are 3" away from an enemy.

=/
 
Isn't that the point? aren't they supposed to be shotguns?
they have a max range of 15" i think, dont have the card on me.

5"
-2 ap 1 dam

10"
-1 ap 1 dam

15"
0ap 1 dam

because it isn't worded to be exempt some power gamers and rules lawyers are forcing any shot above 3" to have -1 to hit.

because the gun has a slightly better profile the closer it is.

a quick fix, would make many people happy
 
The potato camera made me genuinely lol. The turnaround in GW's social media strategy in the last few years is huge. And all they had to do was remember sometimes that the hobby is supposed to be fun.
 
Top