When will Assassin's Creed just give everyone what they want? (Japanese setting)

I hope they do China (again) instead.

With the games becoming this big and better since Origins one set in China would be cool.

China vs Mongols? That era.

Day 1.

I would've liked for Assassin's Creed to become more like Hitman, focused on assassinations while Ubisoft makes a new historical RPG IP. As for what setting I'd like to see eventually, give me something in ancient Mesopotamia. Seeing ancient cities like Babylon or Nineveh would be incredible.

Off topic, but man does this screenshot make me wish that Age of Empires 4 was shown at E3. It's giving me heavy historical RTS vibes.

I don't want Japanese setting. It's boring. Only the Meiji or Taisho Era are kinda interesting as a game.

I would prefer a setting in Warring States period of China. Such a good subject which is long ignored by developers. It is even more interesting than Three Kingdom. It follows by the first unified dynasty of China, Qing. The political conspiracy, assassinations, warfare, are all perfect for a AC game.

Japan is too obvious,
What makes Assassins Creed interesting is that it brings the Ninja gameplay into unique historical time periods where you wouldn't expect to see such a thing.

Having said that, I'd still love to see it, or perhaps from the perspective of Mongolia invading Japan ;).

Greece >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Japan

Never really got why people are so eager to go to such well trodden setting. Most of the settings they've done have been almost entirely unique in the medium, even more so at this scale.

Never really got why people are so eager to go to such well trodden setting. Most of the settings they've done have been almost entirely unique in the medium, even more so at this scale.
Japanophilia is a thing, especially in people who grew up in the early 2000s anime boom.

It's not only video games that brings forth these... opinions, it also exists in things like martial arts where the ninja is always the best and coolest, and a katana is the ultimate weapon, etc.

With the many upcoming action games set in Japan (Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh 2, Sekiro), I don’t mind AC being set in Greece.

What I really really want is a open world racing game set in Japan. I really wanted a Forza Horizon game set in Japan and was honestly a bit disappointed when they revealed UK for FH4.

There’s an over abundance of Japanese settings now with Nioh, Nioh 2, Ghost, Sekiro, etc.

I think it’s better they do anything but that because I’m kinda getting sick of it now.

Well ubisoft did consider to set origins in ancient persia as seen by this art work from art director:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qz65N

Maybe they could get back at it set during the parthian or sasanian era or back to the time of cyrus. I could also dig a aztec or mayan game put please before the arrival of the spain i like to see these civilizations at their height.

I know I’m biased, but I’d love an AC set in the South Pacific.

Have an Assassin sent to Australia in the 1700s during the landing in Botany Bay, and learn new techniques off the Aborigines. Sail north and explore Indonesia, Java and Timor. Track (templar) Captain Cook to Hawaii and assassinate him for the final mission.

The game practically writes itself.

[I have no doubt in my mind that an AC set in Japan with ninjas and all their cool gear would be the best selling AC ever.

I'd also like to see AC set in China, but have the characters have abilities like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Man I'd love an AC set in pre-independence India. There are so many great stories of the freedom struggle to draw from, people like Gandhi and Mountbatten to meet, and cool monuments like the Taj Mahal to climb. Fingers crossed.

I don't want this. Especially with Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima on the horizon.

Is there a series people project more of what they want or think the series should be than Assassin's Creed?

I feel like they missed that train now that we have Tsushima and Sekiro coming.
But if they are developing one anyway I'd be interested, especially if it's more Samurai than Ninja.
There aren't enough open world samurai games.

Edit: A game set in british india would be interesting too.

what AssCreed has ever been in a weird place?
You play a lot of games set in Jerusalem, Constantinople, Cuba, The Bahamas or Haiti?

Its not just the locales, it's also the time period. Not a lot of games being set during stuff like The Seven Years War.

Well ubisoft did consider to set origins in ancient persia as seen by this art work from art director:

Maybe they could get back at it set during the parthian or sasanian era or back to the time of cyrus. I could also dig a aztec or mayan game put please before the arrival of the spain i like to see these civilizations at their height.
Ancient Persia would make a lot of sense as follow-up to the current Egypt-Greek-Rome trilogy (assuming Rome does indeed happen).

I never asked for Japan, but would like a future setting. Meet you half way: AC Mega Tokyo.
For Cold War settings I'd nominate Berlin around 1961. East and West In one city. Later in the game the wall will be build which makes travel between both sides much more difficult.

I used to want a Japanese setting for the game but I don't anymore. We're going to have enough AAA games set in feudal Japan as it is next year, I don't need another one.

I'm all in for China now. Do it, Ubisoft!

Egypt was the better choice for telling the origin of the brotherhood but this could make an incredible setting after Rome which probably happens in 2020.

What do you think?

For a game that essentially has you playing as a ninja in all sorts of different settings, I'm really surprised they've held off this long and not just gone full Tenchu.

if you want Tenchu, look no further than Sekiro. Assassins Creed will never provide anything close to Tenchu.