Xbox Game Pass |OT| Game Pass and Chill

Snake Pass sucks, I wantdd to tell you guys before but I saw how excited some of you were and didn't want to come off as too much of a pessimist

Everyone who likes arcade racing games needs to try out Onrush. I was skeptical but wow it's surprisingly fun! It reminds of Pure with the big jumps and burnout with the takedowns. I think I'll be spending quite a bit of time this month with Onrush.

Also downloaded Quantum Break and enjoying that. Shooting feels great and I'm enjoying the story although I wish there were more instances with combat. Chaining moves together and zipping around with powers is thrilling.

Last edited:
Everyone who's like arcade racing games needs to try out Onrush. I was sceptical but wow it's surprisingly fun! It reminds of Pure with the big jumps and burnout with the takedowns. I think I'll be spending quite a bit of time this month with Onrush.

Also downloaded Quantum Break and enjoying that. Shooting feels great and I'm enjoying the story although I wish there were more instances with combat. Chaining moves together and zipping around with powers is thrilling.
I was trying to show Onrush to my friend but it kept giving me server issues. Really annoying that it wouldn't even let me do the single player missions. And then "Play offline" option would just appear for a second and then revert to the regular one.

Quantum Break, on the other hand, damn! I started it up and after a short while we started joking and talking about walking simulators and I figured I'd get to a checkpoint and call it a night, but when the action picked up - !!

Act 2 started and I had to stop, cause it was getting late, but we agreed that we're definitely gonna go through the game.

should have held off buying Quantum Break during the summer sale. at least I managed to finish it before it was announced for game pass.

surprisingly good game. reminded me of FEAR in the way its action felt.

So I asked this in the Game Pass September update thread but realize this is a better place.

I am in the market for an Xbox as there are several games I want to play that are exclusive, and I my next PC update will have to be a new build so I am putting that off for several years.

But specific to this thread is that I definitely want Game Pass but I am only cursorily interested in Live.

Do you all think there is more than enough value for single player or local mp games and Game Pass? It seems so but sometimes you want to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

I counted at least 5 games on game pass I’d play right now. That isn’t even considering the backwards compatible stuff I would play, I sold my 360 in like 2007/2008. I would probably also move any non-exclusive third party games I buy from Ps4 to the X.

So I am not too off am I? I mean I could get Live here and there for a few months fo games I want to play, but ultimately I want to get an X, gamepass, possibly ea access, and in effect play these games in the max fidelity I can from my couch. Just no interest in another online pay to play as PSN has let me down, and I still have a year of that, and I am not convinced I’d get enough use out of live.

If gamepass was bigger on windows I’d just do that, but it feels like going this route kills a lot of wants with one move. Appreciate the input.

So I asked this in the Game Pass September update thread but realize this is a better place.

I am in the market for an Xbox as there are several games I want to play that are exclusive, and I my next PC update will have to be a new build so I am putting that off for several years.

But specific to this thread is that I definitely want Game Pass but I am only cursorily interested in Live.

Do you all think there is more than enough value for single player or local mp games and Game Pass? It seems so but sometimes you want to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

I counted at least 5 games on game pass I’d play right now. That isn’t even considering the backwards compatible stuff I would play, I sold my 360 in like 2007/2008. I would probably also move any non-exclusive third party games I buy from Ps4 to the X.

So I am not too off am I? I mean I could get Live here and there for a few months fo games I want to play, but ultimately I want to get an X, gamepass, possibly ea access, and in effect play these games in the max fidelity I can from my couch. Just no interest in another online pay to play as PSN has let me down, and I still have a year of that, and I am not convinced I’d get enough use out of live.

If gamepass was bigger on windows I’d just do that, but it feels like going this route kills a lot of wants with one move. Appreciate the input.
There are close to 200 hundred games, most with a single player/co-op focus, though some do have multiplayer of some sort. There's anything from arcade racers, serious racers, shooters, action games, adventure games, hack 'n' slash, platformers, kid games, puzzle games, weird experimental indies, retrogames... of course its value is entirely depending on how many of those games you already own, played, or would play, but the amount of value is insane if you have wide tastes - even if you don't, let's say you only like racing games. There's WRC, there's DIRT, there's OnRush, there's F1, there'll be Forza soon, there's MotoGP, etc. etc.. The choices are plenty, and on X most games will look/run better than on PS4. And of course, all Microsoft first parties will be on Game Pass from day 1, so if you have interest in some of the stuff Microsoft showed or hinted at at E3 (Forza Horizon 4, Halo Infinite, Crackdown 3, Battletoads, the new Fable, etc.), that's full price games coming to your cheap monthly subscriptions at no extra charge. I'd argue Game Pass has the most value if you plan to play solo or local co-op, as there's a lot less multiplayer-oriented games on there compared to those.

Most games on XGP are single player, Rage, Doom, QB, Snake Pass, Halo and Gears, DmC, Bayonetta to name a few. So yes, it's absolutely worth it even if you don't have Xbox Live.

There are close to 200 hundred games, most with a single player/co-op focus, though some do have multiplayer of some sort. There's anything from arcade racers, serious racers, shooters, action games, adventure games, hack 'n' slash, platformers, kid games, puzzle games, weird experimental indies, retrogames... of course its value is entirely depending on how many of those games you already own, played, or would play, but the amount of value is insane if you have wide tastes - even if you don't, let's say you only like racing games. There's WRC, there's DIRT, there's OnRush, there's F1, there'll be Forza soon, there's MotoGP, etc. etc.. The choices are plenty, and on X most games will look/run better than on PS4. And of course, all Microsoft first parties will be on Game Pass from day 1, so if you have interest in some of the stuff Microsoft showed or hinted at at E3 (Forza Horizon 4, Halo Infinite, Crackdown 3, Battletoads, the new Fable, etc.), that's full price games coming to your cheap monthly subscriptions at no extra charge. I'd argue Game Pass has the most value if you plan to play solo or local co-op, as there's a lot less multiplayer-oriented games on there compared to those.
Most games on XGP are single player, Rage, Doom, QB, Snake Pass, Halo and Gears, DmC, Bayonetta to name a few. So yes, it's absolutely worth it even if you don't have Xbox Live.
Which are the 5 games you would play? Forza Horizon 4 arrives next month. As for live, you get to play the Xbox 360 games you get even if your subscrition lapses I think.

If you live in the US are you aware of Xbox all access?
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/08/27/xbox-all-access/
Well i did a cursory glance the other day, but there were several BC games, I think I saw Bad Company, several indie games and all the MS games, but I know many games on Xbox were live focused but I was definitely thinking I could get a lot of value.

I am actually going to go through Amazon and get a lot better terms on the purchase, and not be locked in to two years of live and gamepass, coukd theoretically bail after a year.

Queen Kong

kiri kiri kiri...
Well i did a cursory glance the other day, but there were several BC games, I think I saw Bad Company, several indie games and all the MS games, but I know many games on Xbox were live focused but I was definitely thinking I could get a lot of value.

I am actually going to go through Amazon and get a lot better terms on the purchase, and not be locked in to two years of live and gamepass, coukd theoretically bail after a year.
I don't think Battlefield is on Gamepass.

Yup, community is small but very active
Weird, I was able to find games easily last night but nothing tonight.

:( it’s a fun game though

Is anyone successfully getting matches in OnRush? I've left matchmaking on for ten minutes, and...nothing. Not in a remote region, either.
Same, Eastern US, was able to find games quick last night so hoping this is just a small server issue

Server issues aside (on 5th couldn't play at all, not even SP, on the 6th no online) I like Onrush. Very into this Rainbow Six shooter but with vehicles idea. Will play again & until FH4 consumes everything.

Server issues aside (on 5th couldn't play at all, not even SP, on the 6th no online) I like Onrush. Very into this Rainbow Six shooter but with vehicles idea. Will play again & until FH4 consumes everything.
I agree that Onrush is really fun, and I also plan to play it along with Shadow of the Tomb Raider and other games before I go in hard on Forza Horizon 4 and then Red Dead Redemption 2.

In addition to what has been said: If you start using MS Rewards daily, you can even get Game Pass and Gold more or less for free. It's great value even as the price as it is. There is not as much stuff for online multiplayer on Game Pass, but EA Access is cheap and has plenty of titles for you. Also, some recent MS games like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay 2 as well as The Division are multiplayer-focused games. Add in the BC stuff and you should be good.

I must give a shoutout (do you say that in English? :P) to Onrush! Really fun Arcade Racing with fun team elements in it....I'm having a blast with it and it looks really Good on Xbox One X! I Wonder if its gotten a boost on active players since arriving om Gamepass because I'm having No problem finding players in multiplayer :)

Onrush went down as well as the beta. It didn’t play or feel any better to me, so the beta certainly was a good representation of the final product.

What I’m more interested in though is if it anyways turns around the titles fortunes. I think coming on GP was a “nothing to lose but more to gain” type strategy for it. An experiment of sorts.

Yeah no

The reason it killed the studio is because the concept is incredibly hard to sell and is based on such a hands on experience that there is no way to get a fully grasp of it without playing it yourself.

You can make your product $2.99 but if you aren't able to communicate what your it is that you're selling you'll get fucked anyway

I'm personally not as much of a fan of Onrush as I was hoping I'd be.

The passive abilities of each vehicle are pretty hard to pull off and feel kind of useless at gathering boost, and not having every vehicle available for every map is just weird unless I'm missing some sort of unlock character feature? You can't call it overwatch with cars if you lock out a bunch of characters! Sucks cause I really liked the concept..

Felt the same about the similar objective based racer; trailblazers...I guess the racing genre just doesn't need those kinds of gimmicks.

snake pass is great, you folks are all wack

I'm personally not as much of a fan of Onrush as I was hoping I'd be.

The passive abilities of each vehicle are pretty hard to pull off and feel kind of useless at gathering boost, and not having every vehicle available for every map is just weird unless I'm missing some sort of unlock character feature? You can't call it overwatch with cars if you lock out a bunch of characters! Sucks cause I really liked the concept..

Felt the same about the similar objective based racer; trailblazers...I guess the racing genre just doesn't need those kinds of gimmicks.
the wonder of gamepass
always nice to get a game on it that you were on the fence about buying and then realizing "shit i would have wasted so much money"