Xbox One Backwards Compatibility |OT| Who wants to pay for remasters?

Not the best timing for ZoE HD given the new remaster of 2 is on the horizon, but nice to have, particularly for the first game.

Edit: kind of promising that MGS HD might be on the way I suppose though.

How I feel right now with Zone of the Enders HD Collection being released!

With it delisted for sale digitally on the Xbox Store, I thought it would never come.

Also, it looks to be $3.00 at GameStop right now. Buy it before the price goes up tomorrow.

Wasn't ZOE HD a mess? They patched the ps3 version but not the 360 version if I remember correctly
I played a lot of ZoE HD Collection on the Xbox and don't remember it being as bad as the PS3 version was supposed to be. I'm hoping that the Xbox One's 360 emulator can help muscle through any slowdown.

I played a lot of ZoE HD Collection on the Xbox and don't remember it being as bad as the PS3 version was supposed to be. I'm hoping that the Xbox One's 360 emulator can help muscle through any slowdown.
Its more than just the slow down issue for ZOE2, HUD, UI, texture, mission effects were patched in for the PS3 version, and it runs at 1280x1080p resolution and very solid frame rate unlike the 360 version. Original port of ZOE2 by high voltage game was god awful, but we should at least have the definitive version of ZOE1 now...

I got the asian version of Rumble Roses, anyone know if that work?

Its more than just the slow down issue for ZOE2, HUD, UI, texture, mission effects were patched in for the PS3 version, and it runs at 1280x1080p resolution and very solid frame rate unlike the 360 version. Original port of ZOE2 by high voltage game was god awful, but we should at least have the definitive version of ZOE1 now...

Wow, that's quite a difference. Shame the 360 version never got the same overhaul. I guess I was just happy to have ZOE back in my possession at the time, as I am now.

Weird announcement. Was honestly not expecting either of these 2 but glad Konami is delivering so many games. Makes me hopeful for MGS HD collection tbh. I snagged a copy of ZOE for $4 so I'm glad we got this haha.

Huh, seeing as ZOE is like $3 at GameStop, I'll go pick up a copy and give it a shot on One. Can't hurt.

Also, Rumble Roses seems... Odd. Is it any good?

Huh, seeing as ZOE is like $3 at GameStop, I'll go pick up a copy and give it a shot on One. Can't hurt.

Also, Rumble Roses seems... Odd. Is it any good?
Nope. If you look past the questionable and objectifying presentation you'll find a competent but gimped wrestling system. If you have played the old smackdown series "it plays like a smackdown-lite" would be the best way for me to describe it. I would give it a pass overall but if you have no other options for wrestling games(Fire Pro Wrestling exists, and unless you despise the 2K games direction that's also a good alternative for roughly the same price at times).

edit: Ok, maybe not a "nope", but when you can play the 2K games on the xbox one for very cheap it's hard to spend the same amount or more on Rumble Roses

It used to be a mess on PS3, not 360. Then Hexadrive fixed the PS3 version.
It was a mess on both:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-konami-remade-zoe-hd-remaster

ZOE1 on PS3 and the 360 remasters remain unpatched
So what of the untouched Xbox 360 version of the Zone of the Enders HD Collection? Unfortunately for those customers, all of the same visual problems mentioned in this article are present and accounted for with one exception: the frame-rate. On average, the 360 version runs 10-15fps faster than the original PS3 release. It still has difficulty hitting 60fps, of course, but at least it manages to stay above 30fps most of the time.

It's disappointing that this wasn't addressed as the original performance problems on PS3 no doubt encouraged some customers to purchase the 360 version instead. Now the tables have turned and a second purchase is required in order to properly experience the second game in HD.

Unfortunately, the original Zone of the Enders remains unpatched on both consoles, but generally it is much more playable than its accompanying ZOE2 release. Even on PS3, the game manages to hit 60fps fairly regularly only suffering dips in the presence of heavy alpha effects. While the visuals aren't completely faithful to the original game, it's still reasonably playable without the patch on both platforms.

Nope. If you look past the questionable and objectifying presentation you'll find a competent but gimped wrestling system. If you have played the old smackdown series "it plays like a smackdown-lite" would be the best way for me to describe it. I would give it a pass overall but if you have no other options for wrestling games(Fire Pro Wrestling exists, and unless you despise the 2K games direction that's also a good alternative for roughly the same price at times).

edit: Ok, maybe not a "nope", but when you can play the 2K games on the xbox one for very cheap it's hard to spend the same amount or more on Rumble Roses
I dare to say RR has more personality than the 2K games.

Oh, I remember people saying the 360 version was great (I only played the patched PS3 version in the end :P ).
It was a situation at launch where the 360 version ran at 720p, and had a semi-constant 15 fps performance advantage compared to the PS3 version. The PS3 version performed dramatically worse than the original version. That's why people thought of the 360 version as not having problems, even though there were some odd losses like some of the DoF effects and transparency effects that stood out as less detailed at the increased screen res. The PS3 version was bad enough that they got the budget to bring in another dev to re-engineer the second game (not the first, unfortunately) to get higher res and better performance (still not quite steady 60 fps, but significantly better).

I dare to say RR has more personality than the 2K games.
The objectification honestly bothers me way more these days than when the game released. But even back then, the game got boring really fast for me.

I currently still play a lot of older wrestling games(N64 AKI titles, Def Jam FFNY, and Day of Reckoning 2). I'm lucky I still own all that stuff because without piracy it's really hard to gather the kit needed to play those games without paying ridiculous prices. As far as the Xbox One brand is concerned the only choices people really have is this game and the 2K series currently.

Perfection.

And the response, of course: "At least its something."
As always, yes, that technically is correct, too.

I've given up hope on X enhancements for BC games, one of the main reasons I bought the console.
Mid-April was the last batch, I believe. Same time as last Original Xbox titles.
Five months ago.... I haven't given up, but its become clear that their release will be a rarity, not a commonality, unfortunately.

I mean, just seems like on the One X it should be easy to brute force it to run quad resolution or whatever. Just sucks being used to going from clear sharp ass games like BFV to a blurry mess
Agreed, especially since it does this already for OG Xbox games. It really does not make any sense why there's so few X enhanced 360 games.