Xbox One Backwards Compatibility |OT| Who wants to pay for remasters?

According to BC team, OG Xbox games were designed much simpler, relatively speaking, than 360 games.
It can't be so hard to where they're throwing no bones out for 5 month spans.

4K BC is one of their biggest advantages over Sony but they're kinda squandering it after the huge Red Dead 4K drop.

It can't be so hard to where they're throwing no bones out for 5 month spans.

4K BC is one of their biggest advantages over Sony but they're kinda squandering it after the huge Red Dead 4K drop.
No offense but you have no idea how difficult or time consuming the process is. Don't you think if it was easy, they'd be pumping 'em out quicker? I think they simply find it more efficient to do them in waves like OG Xbox BC.

I won't comment on how easy or hard anything is regarding BC because I am just a random idiot on the Internet but one thing's for sure, the communication is terrible. You've got a monthly web show MS, it would be lovely to know what's planned for each month and when we can expect another batch of OG Xbox and X updates instead of praying for an announcement on Twitter every Tuesday.

I won't comment on how easy or hard anything is regarding BC because I am just a random idiot on the Internet but one thing's for sure, the communication is terrible.
Don't think anyone can argue that

As much as i enjoy the expectation for the weekly drops i would surely take a monthly batch on Inside Xbox with a bit more info on the games and some footage of them running too.

I'm not as critical with og games or x enhancements because they said they wouldnt be as frequent, but it would be nice to have another edition of that glorious inside xbox with all the og announcements too

Strangely, ZOE HD doesn’t allow game play clips to be shared on Xbox Live. Was going to share an intro clip to my buddies, but no anime robot action sharing allowed evidentially. Was able to start a Mixer stream going though.

They raised the price twice already on modern warfare 2. Just trying to make a quick buck on the BC crowd or are they actually gonna fix these broken lag ridden servers (and I pray a 4k patch). It is literally every match so definitely something on their end.

Over the past few months I keep noticing more 360 games that don't get 16x texture filtering. Like I just noticed tonight that Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary both lack it, though Underworld has it. It's kind of annoying, as I thought the X was supposed to force it on non-X enhanced games. I wonder if it's missing from any Non-X X1 games.

ZoE HD Collection hasn't been relisted yet, right? At least I didn't see it up a few days ago. I still have the disc, but I'd like a digital copy just for convenience.

Over the past few months I keep noticing more 360 games that don't get 16x texture filtering. Like I just noticed tonight that Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary both lack it, though Underworld has it. It's kind of annoying, as I thought the X was supposed to force it on non-X enhanced games. I wonder if it's missing from any Non-X X1 games.
Did not know this! That's annoying.

Yea tomb raider anniversary is particularly bad in places. It appears to have a dynamic resolution that drops to less than 720p imo. Also it has a bloom effect which is just totally over the top. Occasionally it looks like you’re playing it underwater.
Anniversary and Legend don't have dynamic resolution, they aren't even 720p either. They are 1024x608. The bloom effect in Anniversary was and artistic choice, so nothing to do with the BC program.

BC games with dynamic resolution don't drop as the X can maintian their top resolution.

They raised the price twice already on modern warfare 2. Just trying to make a quick buck on the BC crowd or are they actually gonna fix these broken lag ridden servers (and I pray a 4k patch). It is literally every match so definitely something on their end.
Yes was playing this last night and the servers are terrible. The game freezes a bit 75% of the time trying to find a match and then servers disconnect at end of the game. Hoping they fix it.

It could be a bug. Is there a way to bring this to the BC team's attention?

What an odd combination of games.
Oh well, even though they're not my kind of games I'm still happy to see new games added. The list of games I want is getting pretty small at this point anyway.

It really is. Improved image quality for 360 games was one of the big selling points of the X for me.
At least it still has improved performance. Though I haven't compared it with a real 360 to see if there were any performance issues to begin with.
Youtube channel VG tested both Legend and Anniversary; 360 had lots of dips, the X is really stable 30.

MS isn't even trying anymore.
No more enhancements, an extensive list of requested games totally ignored, some weeks without releases then others with 1 or 2 shit shovelwares added. I quit ffs.
You obviously don't understand how the program runs or makes things happen! They can't just pick any game to become BC. They need to have permission or contact with the IP holders and things like licensing make it so we may never see certain games make it over, period!

The enhancements take time and they never have been a regular thing. Anytime enhancements have come out, they have been months after the last batch. Please understand!

It isn't about the quality of games either, btw. It's about supporting as much of the library as possible to ensure people's purchases don't go to waste!

MS isn't even trying anymore.
No more enhancements, an extensive list of requested games totally ignored, some weeks without releases then others with 1 or 2 shit shovelwares added. I quit ffs.
You've been saying this shit and whining about it for days now. What do you think that's gonna accomplish here?

People that consider Brutal Legend shovelware are people whose opinions I don't need.

It might not be a perfect, even great, game, but one would hope people frequenting this forum know how to appreciate parts of the game that is unique or enjoyable.

I remember going to buy Brutal Legend on release day and walking out the store with Uncharted 2 instead (came out the same day).

Now's my chance to remedy that!

Brutal Legend! A true gem and criminally underrated, yet people can't quite forgive the swerve to RTS nearly 10 years later.

No one's mentioned this but anyone else suspect that Resonance of Fate's remaster to PS4 and PC lowers the chances of it arriving to backwards compatibility?

No one's mentioned this but anyone else suspect that Resonance of Fate's remaster to PS4 and PC lowers the chances of it arriving to backwards compatibility?
You'd think that would be the rationale, right? Though, some publishers seem happy to put out remasters while at the same time greenlighting their games for backwards compatibility (e.g. 2K, Ubisoft, EA, Activision have all done this with various titles). I think this'd be the first test for whether Sega would do the same, though, right?

You'd think that would be the rationale, right? Though, some publishers seem happy to put out remasters while at the same time greenlighting their games for backwards compatibility (e.g. 2K, Ubisoft, EA, Activision have all done this with various titles). I think this'd be the first test for whether Sega would do the same, though, right?
Interestingly, from when the existence of this remaster was leaked a couple days ago, in the listing it displayed that it was published by Tri Ace rather than Sega. I'm not certain that this wasn't some error and I haven't verified it after the eventual announcement.

Interestingly, from when the existence of this remaster was leaked a couple days ago, in the listing it displayed that it was published by Tri Ace rather than Sega. I'm not certain that this wasn't some error and I haven't verified it after the eventual announcement.
Huh. I haven't been following it; I just saw the trailer and made an assumption based on the card at the back end:

I don't know if that's just a legal necessity with Sega being the original publisher. It could complicate a backwards compatibility release depending on who still controls the rights to publish the 360 version.