Xbox One Backwards Compatibility |OT| Who wants to pay for remasters?

I don't know if that's just a legal necessity with Sega being the original publisher. It could complicate a backwards compatibility release depending on who still controls the rights to publish the 360 version.
It doesn't really matter who controls the rights, both the developer and the publisher are contacted, and if either of them objects, the game won't be made BC (and if it's a series with multiple developers and/or publishers, all are consulted, and a single no means it's a no go).

So when's the next episode of Inside Xbox? I'm starting to feel like that's our last hope to see some more X enhanced BC titles.
Sept 25. I wouldn't expect any X enhancements though. I suspect if they're going to have any X enhancements announcements during the last half of the year it'll occur in Oct or Nov right in time for the X mas season

Last edited:
Man, I absolutely loved the beginning parts of Brutal Legend, but dropped it hard when I got to the strategy parts. I thought they were terribly unfun. I doubt I'll play it again.

Say what you will about the game I gotta admit I never expected that to make it. Between Blacks image and all the licensed music it uses I assumed it was gonna be lost forever. This is actually pretty nice as the PS3 version has a gamebreaking bug in it and the pc version is far from perfect despite multiple patches.

Plus one for game preservation.

The enhancements take time and they never have been a regular thing.
They kinda have. 4 months, I know it happened once but the next 4 months timeframe was perfect with E3 and Gamescom but then they stopped and it didn't happen and it's almost half a year with not even a tease or something.

That's not a regular thing.

Yeah, I know, I edited it a bit, but still.
It's not our fault that it takes so long that after almost a year it doesn't even happened twice so that we can call it regular. We thought it would happen at Gamescom, timing was perfect to make it a 4 months thing, 3 times in a year even sounds realistic and nice, but nope, not even an announcement for sometime in the future. Which is just depressing. Time is running so who knows how many we will get, if any (but I'm sure we will) before the next gen hits.
This was a feature announced for the X, don't forget that and when the next gen hits while this only happened twice or thrice, it's kinda sad and not good for future marketing.

It's not our fault that it takes so long that after almost a year it doesn't even happened twice so that we can call it regular. We thought it would happen at Gamescom, timing was perfect to make it a 4 months thing, 3 times in a year even sounds realistic and nice, but nope, not even an announcement for sometime in the future. Which is just depressing. Time is running so who knows how many we will get, if any (but I'm sure we will) before the next gen hits.
This was a feature announced for the X, don't forget that and when the next gen hits while this only happened twice or thrice, it's kinda sad and not good for future marketing.
This was a bonus, not some feature. Current gen games being X enhanced by their developers was the feature.

9/25 for the next inside xbox, which appears to be FH4-centric.
As a general rule of thumb, if MS doesn't specifically mention BC or X enhancement for the show, expect them to not reveal anything of the sort.

9/25 for the next inside xbox, which appears to be FH4-centric.
As a general rule of thumb, if MS doesn't specifically mention BC or X enhancement for the show, expect them to not reveal anything of the sort.
At least half the show is on location for Horizon 4 going off what was hinted at on Major Nelson's podcast. Sounds there will be at least some non-Forza discussion.

Last edited:
When they announced that, they said that only a small number of games would ever be enhanced like that because a game has to be made in a way that works well with their method. It was never supposed to be a regular thing, and never something that would come to many games.

That’s cool that Brutal Legend is now BC. Especially with the soundtrack they have on there, has any of the music been compromised? If not, it gives me hope for other games.
I would say no because this has never happened afaik. Rockstar did patch out some songs from gta 4 on xbone but they also patched them out on actual 360 consoles, ps3 etc so wasn't related to bc.

Having said that I wish they would now consider this if it's holding up certain games (jsrf & max Payne 3). I'd rather have part of a game than not be able to play it at all.

Forgot that Ozzy Osbourne also lent his voice and likeness to Brutal Legend. It's seriously amazing that this game was able to make it across...it's a straight IP nightmare.

Edit - Also for whatever reason the DLC for the game is showing up as free if selected in the game itself. Including the preorder guitar based on Tenacious D.

Last edited:
This was a bonus, not some feature. Current gen games being X enhanced by their developers was the feature.
I mean, it was definitely something marketed as a selling point of the system, I feel. It's also something people still often bring up when when discussing the merits of the X. Seems bizarre and honestly kinda shocking that they would just straight up abandon the program with no fanfare, considering how hard they have pushed BC (and definitely still are). That's why I think more enhanced titles will come. It just must be more difficult and time-consuming to pull off than it seems.

I mean, it was definitely something marketed as a selling point of the system, I feel. It's also something people still often bring up when when discussing the merits of the X. Seems bizarre and honestly kinda shocking that they would just straight up abandon the program with no fanfare, considering how hard they have pushed BC (and definitely still are). That's why I think more enhanced titles will come. It just must be more difficult and time-consuming to pull off than it seems.
I definitely don't beleve they abandoned it. Not only having a huge list of BC titles but a good number of them X enhanced at the start of next gen will put Microsoft's next console off to good start.

I doubt it is abandoned but it was described as "very limited" from the start

https://twitter.com/albertpenello/status/922673607666384896