Xbox One Backwards Compatibility |OT| Who wants to pay for remasters?

If this real, hopefully it's not just 1 + 2, because I only have 3.

And I want 3 x enhanced as well, but maybe that is asking too much when we don't know anything yet lol. Otherwise 1+2 will be in 4k and 3 will be 720p.

But I'm confused why they didn't announce this on inside Xbox, if real. What a letdown it would be if this is nothing.

I think you guys were all bamboozled.

The annoucement was that Remedy is going to New York Comic Con.

(NYC is the setting of the first two MP games.)
Seriously? What a tease! They even had the original Xbox version of Max Payne 2 in the backpack. Maybe they'll announce the games compatibility at NYCC?

I'm watching Vinesauce play dead space pc with some mods that make it look a bit better but still not so great.

Is the xbox one versions of the series enchanced? I assume not since Google isnt helping me find info

Random question but figured someone here might know.

If I wanted to play Halo 4 via backwards compatibility on my Xbox One and then have a friend play on my 360 as well could we both be signed in on my xbox live account on the 2 separate systems or would we need another account? We have two discs.

If I wanted to play Halo 4 via backwards compatibility on my Xbox One and then have a friend play on my 360 as well could we both be signed in on my xbox live account on the 2 separate systems or would we need another account? We have two discs.
An Xbox Live account can only be connected to one Xbox 360 at once, the emulator on Xbox One acts like a 360.

On Xbox One, Goldd is shared among Silver accounts on the same console, but I don't know if a silver account can use Gold from another account on a 360 game though the emulator, you may need two Gold accounts to play together.

You’d need to sign into your friend’s 360 and do a license transfer. This will let the game work even if you aren’t signed in or the machine is offline.’
The Xbox one has it’s own licensing system separate to 360 and the game will work fine there too

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/store/redownload-content

An Xbox Live account can only be connected to one Xbox 360 at once, the emulator on Xbox One acts like a 360.

On Xbox One, Goldd is shared among Silver accounts on the same console, but I don't know if a silver account can use Gold from another account on a 360 game though the emulator, you may need two Gold accounts to play together.
Thank. I figured as much since it would basically see it as 2 xbox 360s.

You’d need to sign into your friend’s 360 and do a license transfer. This will let the game work even if you aren’t signed in or the machine is offline.’
The Xbox one has it’s own licensing system separate to 360 and the game will work fine there too

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/store/redownload-content
Good info to know! Not quite was I was looking for as we have two discs, but glad to know it for my digital titles. Thanks.

Unlikely. EA reserves the right to remasters and original version being published or reposted to store. Not THQ
Okay? EA has allowed BC games. Especially since they could put it on EA Access. The thing making it all but impossible before was it being held by the state of RI, who likely wouldn't make any decision about the IP but sell it.

Unlikely. EA reserves the right to remasters and original version being published or reposted to store. Not THQ
We know this however that doesn't indicte how likely it is. For instance, I believe it's quite likely since THQ Nordic bought the IP and both THQ Nordic and EA have been major supporters of the BC program. I think EA and THQN working out a deal that's mutually beneficial is a foregone conclusion.
Okay? EA has allowed BC games. Especially since they could put it on EA Access. The thing making it all but impossible before was it being held by the state of RI, who likely wouldn't make any decision about the IP but sell it.
Agreed.

So how does Kingdoms of Amalur compare with Bulletstorm in terms of who can do what?

Bulletstorm - original dev People Can Fly/Epic Games - original publisher EA
Bulletstorm: Full Clip edition - now published by Gearbox

So how did the rights go from EA to Gearbox? Couldn't the same thing happen with KoA? Someone else could publish a remaster?

For Bulletstorm, I believe the publishing rights and ownership of the ip returned to the developer exactly five years after release. EA still sell the original game digitally, but EA are not involved with the remaster at all.

There may or may not have been similar terms for Kingdoms of Amalur. Impossible to say without anyone involved in it explicitly stating it. We know THQ own the ip, but I don't think they've definitively commented on publishing rights for the original game or a remaster.