Yakuza Community |OT| No Yakuza here officer

Just finished Yakuza 0 on PC last night, holy shit that was incredible. Majima is such a badass, really sweet ending to that arc.

Does anyone know when Kiwami comes out PC? I need more of this.

Just finished Yakuza 0 on PC last night, holy shit that was incredible. Majima is such a badass, really sweet ending to that arc.

Does anyone know when Kiwami comes out PC? I need more of this.
My guess is back half of October. I thought they'd announce it right after K2 came out as a mid September launch, but I'm guessing they're waiting on Fist to launch first to say anything.

Are we still getting Yakuza 6 on PC this year?

Do hope their plan for steam is 0, Kiwami, 6, Kiwami 2, then the 3/4/5 ports. It seems like the 3/4/5 ports for PS4 are following 0's model of even supporting 60fps cutscenes, so it seems like they've "tooled" them for that possible PC release.

Are we still getting Yakuza 6 on PC this year?

Do hope their plan for steam is 0, Kiwami, 6, Kiwami 2, then the 3/4/5 ports. It seems like the 3/4/5 ports for PS4 are following 0's model of even supporting 60fps cutscenes, so it seems like they've "tooled" them for that possible PC release.
I kinda doubt it.

My guess is January feels about right for 6 on PC. December launches are almost always bad news it seems, and November seems too soon after K drops in late October.

Just announced: the Kazuma Kiryu skin will be downloadable for free from October 2nd until October 15th in Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. They even released Kiryu-centric trailer: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/78269-ken-le-survivant-ps4-le-heros-de-yakuza-jouable-gratuitement
Sweet! I think in Japan it was part of the collector's edition or something if I remember correctly. So it's great to hear that we're getting the Kiryu skin for free (for a limited time at least).

As for mixing it up when playing a Yakuza game: I tend to finish all substories before I finish the game. I don't know why but I mostly use Premium Adventure for other stuff that I missed or mini-games I want to play again. It's one of the reasons why I want to get some stuff like the real estate management or cabaret club management in Yakuza 0 "out of the way" before the game enters the final chapters. Because at some point the narrative will give you some sort of tension that is hard to ignore. So yeah, I like to mix it up. Sometimes I just want to continue the story because I immediately want to know what happens next, though.

Do people really think they'll release 6 on PC before 3, 4 and 5? Sure, they have to port the Dragon Engine for Kiwami 2 already AND it's gonna take a while before they're done with the three remasters, so they'd be sitting on 6 for a while, but does that really make sense from Sega's perspective? 6 is a direct sequel, I don't see why they'd risk releasing it now when a lot of people on PC have a reason not to buy it at launch. It seems like a really, really bad business decision. Yes, I know it's been "leaked" but that looked more like a mistake on their part.
As someone that played them all until Dead Souls (I've won a copy of 5, but I'd rather not add 100ish hours of uptime on my fat PS3 if I can just play it on PC) I don't really "have to" play them all before 6, but I'll gladly replay them while I wait for newcomers to catch up.

Do people really think they'll release 6 on PC before 3, 4 and 5? Sure, they have to port the Dragon Engine for Kiwami 2 already AND it's gonna take a while before they're done with the three remasters, so they'd be sitting on 6 for a while, but does that really make sense from Sega's perspective? 6 is a direct sequel, I don't see why they'd risk releasing it now when a lot of people on PC have a reason not to buy it at launch. It seems like a really, really bad business decision. Yes, I know it's been "leaked" but that looked more like a mistake on their part.
As someone that played them all until Dead Souls (I've won a copy of 5, but I'd rather not add 100ish hours of uptime on my fat PS3 if I can just play it on PC) I don't really "have to" play them all before 6, but I'll gladly replay them while I wait for newcomers to catch up.
Yes 6 will be next, with K2 out shortly after that. Who knows after that.

I see. But there's no reason to follow the release order of another platform when it's safe to assume PC will have a lot more newcomers to the series. And also that, right now, they can choose between multiple titles already localized, instead of having to wait for Japan to release a game, like they had to on PS4. I'm not saying you're wrong since I obviously don't know shit either, but they'd be actively throwing money out of the window if that's the case, in my opinion.

Sega's already leaked 6's announcement on PC. That's why. Also, 3-5 still have no English announcement for PS4, and between 3 needing a retranslation and Judges Eyes already confirmed for an English release my bet is its not happening before March. Sega might want to get PC releases out in a more timely manor than that? Who knows, until we actually get some concrete announcements on anything its all guess work at this point.

Tim Rogers did a video on Judge Eyes

Aside from being a great analysis of the demo, I like that this person can actually pronounce the names of the characters/locations etc. properly. Its a pet peeve of mine when watching vids on Japanese games (take Shenmue) and have the people reviewing/narrating the vids pronounce the names completely wrong like "Shenmooey" or "Reeyo" etc. The Japanese dub makes it very clear how each are pronounced.

I see. But there's no reason to follow the release order of another platform when it's safe to assume PC will have a lot more newcomers to the series. And also that, right now, they can choose between multiple titles already localized, instead of having to wait for Japan to release a game, like they had to on PS4. I'm not saying you're wrong since I obviously don't know shit either, but they'd be actively throwing money out of the window if that's the case, in my opinion.
They'd be "throwing away money" as you put it regardless as the ports of 3-5 have zero chance of coming to PC before 6 anyway.

Besides, 2 has next to nothing to do with 6. Nor 3-5, for that matter. 2, irrespective of its quality as a game, is the most skippable entry in the series. The most impact it has on the rest of the series is a one min cutscene at the start of 3 that essentially tosses the entire game's plot and character development of Kiryu into the trashcan so 3 can go do its own thing.

Essentially the only game in the series 2 has much relevance to is Dead Souls, and that's a non-canon joke game.

Finished Kiwami a few days ago and despite my major gripes I’m glad I played it, primarily for the ending and where it leaves Kiryu.

The third act can be summed up in one gif:

Primarily due to the fact that the middle act sags so freakin much. Very little actually happens to move the major plot threads forward.

Good to take a break from the series for now with Spider-man and Tomb Raider before I jump into Kiwami 2, so I get as fresh of an experience as possible. But man, that one-two punch combo of 0 and Kiwami left me wanting more. Sooo good!

They'd be "throwing away money" as you put it regardless as the ports of 3-5 have zero chance of coming to PC before 6 anyway.

Besides, 2 has next to nothing to do with 6. Nor 3-5, for that matter. 2, irrespective of its quality as a game, is the most skippable entry in the series. The most impact it has on the rest of the series is a one min cutscene at the start of 3 that essentially tosses the entire game's plot and character development of Kiryu into the trashcan so 3 can go do its own thing.

Essentially the only game in the series 2 has much relevance to is Dead Souls, and that's a non-canon joke game.
I'm talking business here. People have already a hard time understanding what the hell Kiwami is, or if you can start with 0, and your plan is releasing 0, 1, 6 and then 2 when the games have already been localized for another platform so you're actually able to release them in an order that makes sense?
Either way, I didn't play 5 but people keep repeating that 6 starts from the end of 5, so from the sound of it, it seems more sequel-y than 3. And isn't 6 supposed to be the end of Kiryu's Yakuza?
3, 4 and 5 are completely up to Japan since they're not out yet, so I can easily see them skip a few for the time being, but 6 before 2 would be incredibly puzzling.

Sega's already leaked 6's announcement on PC. That's why. Also, 3-5 still have no English announcement for PS4, and between 3 needing a retranslation and Judges Eyes already confirmed for an English release my bet is its not happening before March. Sega might want to get PC releases out in a more timely manor than that? Who knows, until we actually get some concrete announcements on anything its all guess work at this point.
I know about the "leak" but it doesn't look like a leak. It says that Yakuza 6 released in April in the west and it's on PS4 and PC. It can suggest that's planned for PC, which is a no brainer, but it doesn't say anything about when it's releasing.

That final fight in Kiwami 1 is 10/10
Despite all the hate it seemingly gets, I also thought the first Shimano fight was hype as fuck. The Pray Me remix, especially the God tier second half of it, and the added Shimano development and context added in Zero makes the fight just thematically and ludically hype as fuck, and one of my favorite fights of the series.

I actually really love Kiwami if you take it in its intended context as a sort of expanded epilogue type expansion pack for 0. The added difficulty feels earned because of this, and the gameplay improvements make it a markedly better game to actually play that 0. The health bar thing never bothered me because if you remove the animation it's effectively nothing more than the boss having another bar of health, which imo I also actually really love as the biggest issue with the series is that Kiryu gets so stupidly strong in most of the games he can level bosses in under a minute.

The plot and pacing have their issues to say the least, but it's a remake of a game from 2005 when they were still trying to figure stuff out. Cutting them a little bit of slack in that context isn't that big of a deal for me.

Man I loved yakuza0 but tried to do the all substories trophies but dam I did not make it in both of them needed to complete the freaking frustrating as hell last mission in dancing dam I fucking hate it did not even get close to beat them so I just reached delete the game. I enjoyed the game a lot so I don't want that dancing last missionanage to ruin my experience still manage to play over 100 hours of fun minus the dancing shit. I'm not good at all at button punching sequence. I have other talents in games but that is not one of them.

Man I loved yakuza0 but tried to do the all substories trophies but dam I did not make it in both of them needed to complete the freaking frustrating as hell last mission in dancing dam I fucking hate it did not even get close to beat them so I just reached delete the game. I enjoyed the game a lot so I don't want that dancing last missionanage to ruin my experience still manage to play over 100 hours of fun minus the dancing shit. I'm not good at all at button punching sequence. I have other talents in games but that is not one of them.
Yeah the dancing minigame in Y0 is terrible; I don't think I'll ever beat those side stories, sadly.

I'm talking business here
No you aren't. There is no logical reason to complain about not getting 2 before 6 when missing 3-5 is effectively the same thing relative to the point you are making.

Just don't play 6 if it bothers you that much to play them out of release order.

Last edited:
I stick by my point on PC release order. 6 has already been mentioned, its basically just a port job away from release. Kiwami 2 I'm sure will follow next but they've not hinted its coming to PC yet (but lets face it, it is). As for 3-5. There's no mention to those coming out in English yet, so whether Kiwami 2 or 6 comes out first, I don't see them releasing the games in order. But I'm just speculating, lets just wait and see. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to get news. Though I wonder where the news will be delivered. Maybe a mini Yakuza conference again like when Kiwami 2 was announced? I mean, we have Judges Eyes, PC ports and 3-5 all waiting on dates (and a surprise Ishin localisation ;) ), so there's enough to pad some kind of announcement/event if they wanted to go down that road.

Despite all the hate it seemingly gets, I also thought the first Shimano fight was hype as fuck. The Pray Me remix, especially the God tier second half of it, and the added Shimano development and context added in Zero makes the fight just thematically and ludically hype as fuck, and one of my favorite fights of the series.

I actually really love Kiwami if you take it in its intended context as a sort of expanded epilogue type expansion pack for 0. The added difficulty feels earned because of this, and the gameplay improvements make it a markedly better game to actually play that 0. The health bar thing never bothered me because if you remove the animation it's effectively nothing more than the boss having another bar of health, which imo I also actually really love as the biggest issue with the series is that Kiryu gets so stupidly strong in most of the games he can level bosses in under a minute.

The plot and pacing have their issues to say the least, but it's a remake of a game from 2005 when they were still trying to figure stuff out. Cutting them a little bit of slack in that context isn't that big of a deal for me.

I love the music in the fight, but it goes on too long even for me. Your just too under leveled and he's too resilient to make the fight keep my interest (and this is me! I freakin' love Kiwami!). Now the second fight against him? Different story entirely, one if not the best fight for me in the game (its either him or the final boss). I was leveled up completely and had some great weapons as well so I stylishly completed the fight and it felt so damn good. Its the same for any Yakuza game though, early fights always kinda suck for me, just because you feel so weak (3's second fight is really painful in that regard, it just goes on forever).

No you aren't. There is no logical reason to complain about not getting 2 before 6 when missing 3-5 is effectively the same thing relative to the point you are making.

Just don't play 6 if it bothers you that much to play them out of release order.
I guess we'll see. And I'm not bothered by it, I was just asking why some people are so adamant 6 is gonna release before 2 when it's incredibly dumb to purposely do that when they can now pick and choose, that's all. I got my answer anyway, there's no reason.

...really? why, what did OG 2 have over Kiwani 2?

also feeling good about those remasters being localized, just a matter of time
Check the OT for Kiwami 2. There's a link to my post detailing the changes. I'm tired and lazy so can't be bothered to dig it up now! Basically both have stuff the other didn't in terms of optional content and music. So if you ever get the opportunity, play both.

My Yakuza Initiation progress -

- Made it to Chapter 10 in Yakuza Kiwami. I will protect Haruka to my death.
- Did 40 Substories already.
- TRAGEDY: My launch PS4's HDMI port completely broke and I get no video or audio signal, and my last cloud save is 10+ hours back :(

- While I wait the 14+ days it'll take to get my PS4 back I decide to YAKUZA 0. I know this is a non-ideal intro into the franchise but eh... it is what it is.
- Currently up to Chapter 4 in Y0.

Yeah everyone was right. Y0 is a much better and more polished game. There's something to be said about the more simplistic charm of Kiwami though. Large parts of 0 seem to be pretty indulgent and drawn out. Majima's intro takes FOREVER, and a lot of the dialogue seems to span 3-4 screens of back-and-forth, when everyone surely would have got the point after 1.

Even so, I'm invested in both storylines at this point, and I'm surprised and impressed at how different their fighting styles feel.

One other random thought: TOTALLY digging this franchise and so excited that I have like 7 more of them to go through, but I completely agree with and understand the sentiment that they should not be played back-to-back. There is a LOT of asset re-use going on, and not just in Kamurocho. I know it's because Kiwami uses the 0 engine but still... damn.

I think it's super cool and interesting that Kamurocho has a story of its own and I'm really enjoying getting to know this intimate, extremely detailed place. But it was a little disappointing and eye-rolling to see the exact same restaurants, convenience stores, drug store, etc., exist COMPLETELY UNCHANGED with a 17+ year time game.

I think after I get through 0 I'll blast through Kiwami straight to the end of the story then rest a bit before picking up Kiwami 2.

ErrorJustin

Yeah, I think one of the issues about running through the series as a new player is that it can be hard to fully invest in each individual game title.

The best thing about getting a new Yakuza game is going all in and enjoying not just the story but the side content and everything that Kamurocho has to offer. But that is so difficult to do when there's a six game stack of titles that follow the a similar formula ahead of you.

Sorry about the data loss issue, but glad to hear you're digging the series.

Last edited:
I love Shimano, he was such a great villain in 0 and K1. Pray Me Revive is great too.

Love Shimano's back tattoo too, real gangster style bodysuit.

I've always wondered what the "Battle Bonus Reward" numbers come from in Yakuza 0, on the Options screen. Next to that it says (on mine) Weapons: 1.0, Shakedown: 1.0, Equipment: 1.5, CP: 2.0. What do they affect, and can they be modified?

Its a Sega Europe thing, so don't hold your breath. Though it'd make sense to mention it briefly. But Yakuza details wise I see it as the following:
Judges Eyes and Online get the lions share of coverage - extensive playthroughs, long trailers and tons of details.
RGG 4 and 5 remaster news - dates and maybe trailers. 4 is a dead cert seeing as its due to be released this year in Japan, maybe not 5 if they'll just do promo closer to its release next year.
Outside bet of PC ports and Shin turning up, but for Shin I'm now expecting to hear nothing until next year's TGS.
Almost certain not to happen - but a small side project like a sequel to HGG or maybe a port of Kenzan or Dead Souls.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Honestly, I'm just PRAYING that they also announce a western date for RGG Online. I've never played gacha games or the like before but if there's one series that can get me into it, it's Yakuza.

I'm on Chapter 7 in Zero now. I can definitely see why people like the hostess club way more than the real estate deal that Kiryu has. I don't hate the real estate management. I like the minigame but Majima's hostess club is far more engaging. Though, I hated wasted my time skipping all those erotic videos just to get the clerk to get me some fans.

I'm on Chapter 7 in Zero now. I can definitely see why people like the hostess club way more than the real estate deal that Kiryu has. I don't hate the real estate management. I like the minigame but Majima's hostess club is far more engaging. Though, I hated wasted my time skipping all those erotic videos just to get the clerk to get me some fans.
RE isn't bad if you play as intended and don't shotgun it. I wanted legend style ASAP so I killed it in like a single chapter, and it got really grating just sitting there waiting on the bars to fill. If you just do a bit of it, come back later after some substories/next chapter it's a pretty fun mindless timesink.

I kind of wish they'd bring it back only give it some depth as a grand strategy Yakuza like thing. I mean fuck, we've already had Yakuza RTS and Yakuza tower defense, why not Yakuza Civ?

RE isn't bad if you play as intended and don't shotgun it. I wanted legend style ASAP so I killed it in like a single chapter, and it got really grating just sitting there waiting on the bars to fill. If you just do a bit of it, come back later after some substories/next chapter it's a pretty fun mindless timesink.

I kind of wish they'd bring it back only give it some depth as a grand strategy Yakuza like thing. I mean fuck, we've already had Yakuza RTS and Yakuza tower defense, why not Yakuza Civ?
Oh so the real estate stuff isn't in the later ones? This is my first haha.

Yeah. I think that's why I'm enjoying it. I'm not trying to rush it all. Just doing it bit by bit in each chapter.

Yeah, definitely. I regret not doing it gradually as soon as I unlocked it instead of leaving it for right before the end.

I did do all the Cabaret Club stories without going back to the main story until I was done, simply because how awesome it is. They could sell the Cabaret Club stuff as a stand alone Yakuza spin-off for $15 on PSN and it'd still be a good value. It is that fun and engaging. I did warm up to the Real Estate stuff as it progressed, but it's mostly going back and forth between buying property, investing, waiting for the money to flow it, and repeat. The Cabaret Club is a full fledged skill based game, and there's no waiting involved; it's all active engagement.

I'll take the faster money every day. Hostess club is too wahjah for me.

Pleased to have finally completed the entire mainline series. Here is my ranking of 7 games - 4>0>5>3>1>2>6

Seems like Shin Yakuza is further down the line than expected, so I'll continue Kenzan at some point this year to add another to the list.

I don't like the real estate management at all, slow or fast. It's mindless grind with very little strategy required, like the worst kind of F2P mobile games.
But I love the hostess club, it has both in-the-moment tactical decisions and higher-level strategy, along with twitch gameplay.

I just did the real estate stuff here and there while getting upgrades from the shrine and abusing the Mr Shakedown tricks for even more money. Couple that with the plot and side stories you get, doing it over several chapters meant I was done in no time. ANd I could do side stories and mini games while waiting for the bars to fill. Never really felt grindly or slow at all. That's just my take on it.

A few more Judges Eyes details:
https://www.dualshockers.com/project-judge-new-info-interview/

Mainly goes over stuff already known in a bit more detail
Interesting that we almost got a completely new town, and I thought something looked different graphically, it was the tone of the lighting (or whatever) that was changed that made it look subtly different to 6/Kiwami 2.
I'm actually quite interested in the side stories for this one. Especially if they have fail states/different outcomes. Would give them more chances to flex the investigating mechanics in the game rather than have them all play out linearly. Thankfully TGS is just a few days away so we'll be getting more details on this and Online very soon.