Yakuza Community |OT| No Yakuza here officer

Really? Looking at the release calendar I see that Kiwami followed 0, not Ishin ;)

Seriously. Ishin's end game blows 0's out of the water for me. And I loved 0's end game. Hopefully next year Sega surprises me and announces a localisation of it.
Well, Ishin has been showing up in the surveys they put up with each release as a potential localization candidate so maybe there's a chance.

On an unrelated note man I wish Koryuho would get a lozalization as well but that's never happening

Well, Ishin has been showing up in the surveys they put up with each release as a potential localization candidate so maybe there's a chance.

On an unrelated note man I wish Koryuho would get a lozalization as well but that's never happening
Boat has long since passed on those two games unfortunately, they'd need a remaster/remake as well since I doubt they can just port them to a new system, Ishin has the advantage of at least being a PS4 game.

On a somewhat related note, I should finally be starting Koryuho 2 this week. I've somehow not played it despite getting it day 1, and I aim to fix that mistake.

There was a fan translation project, but i don't think that it was completed. Edit: It wasn't. Here's an update on the project back in July (the project was first announced in 2014)
As for an update, here it is. There's been no real progress lately, and I didn't invest any time in it. But Overproc put up a discord, they seems very keen on working on this. KHH said he is still on board but he wants to finish translating ishin cutscenes before doing anything else, and I think it's a good thing (I'm waiting on those cutscenes to play the game myself).
Because I can't be involved as much as I have been at the beginning of the project, I'll give files and tools to the team so they can progress without me overseeing every step. I know I said I'll release what's already done a few months after Y6 release, but I'm always hoping things will pick up again, especially with all that's going on with the license. I hope you understand me.

Maybe i wont be playing Y5 at the moment as Fotns arrived early and ive been playing that. Going from the dragon engine to the older one takes some getting used to. The cel shading helps but i like walking around in first person.

That's fair, for me though i love how the Yakuza games using the old engine run at a very smooth 60FPS. But ye it's nice to roam around in first person.

The saves thing never really bothered me. I got into a rhythm with it, though now the problem is it feels "weird" without it! But yeah, 60FPS feels so nice, Yakuza 3 and FOTNS feel so good to play because of that on the PS4.

Speaking of FOTNS, I was thinking back to the bar mixing mini game and a couple of tips to people on doing 3 star drinks (as the timing windows are a pain in the ass to hit):
Shaking: The easiest of the bunch - just hold your pad vertically and grab onto it tight and shake hard.

QTE button presses: You have to rapidly switch from all four of the PS4's face buttons on this one, so try and run your thumb over all four in sequence (the sequence always remains the same) and do it real fast. You'll miss sometimes, but its far faster to do it that way than pressing each button precisely.

360 Analogue movement: The pure evil of the mini game, this one is an utter pain in the ass (and hand for that matter). Only way I managed this one was to place the palm of my hand over the analogue stick and then rotate it that way. Its faster and more accurate than using just one finger to rotate it. Still is very close time wise, but I generally had 90% success doing it this way.

You'll spend a lot of time at the bar, between completion requirements and the many, many great side stories that take place at the bar.

Also, one other thing you want to do as early as possible is to visit the arcade. When its time for that questline to start you'll enter it and realise empty! From that point on when you get rank D treasure maps you have a very good chance of starting to find arcade machines. And when you get the Sega MKIII, once you give it to the guy, he'll hook it up to the TV in your room for you. So just go to your safe house in Eden to play it.

If anyone is going for the 100% and has questions let me know, I should still have most of it etched into my brain from the import version of the game!

Oh, and as I can't be assed to make a review thread, here is Metacritics page for the game so far:
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fist-of-the-north-star-lost-paradise/critic-reviews

Basically the consensus seems to be that its not as good as the mainline games but its still by far the best Hokuto game on consoles (sounds about right to me). A sequel with more time and budget could fix the issues I had with the series, but as I've said many times - I love the combat of the game so top marks for that from me!

If I wasn't at work for 15 hours yesterday (car trouble ugh) I would have made one :(

If it's not up by the time I get home from work later (~5pm CT) I'll go ahead and make one. Hopefully that's not the case tho >.<
purseowner has the claim for it, though they specify in their last post that they've been ill as of late (very sorry to hear), so it's possible they may not have been able to get to it.